I'm amazed that there's anyone who thinks that CoD is more milked than Pokemon.

#41gotdangitPosted 1/14/2013 4:36:12 AM
Buretsu posted...
Vyers posted...
Ranger games don't show improvement.

Ranger 2 changed and greatly improved the Capture mechanics, added an extensive list of side quests, added a Level Up system, and both expanded and generally improved the Partner system.

Ranger 3 improved Capture even more, retooled the Pokemon Assist mechanic, added in Summonable Pokemon including being able to ride Entei, Raikou, and Suicune, and also added in a co-operative multiplayer mode.

CoD4 added a whole new way to play Multiplayer with customizable classes and leveling up and unlocking.

WaW added Zombies

MW2 added Spec ops and upgraded the multiplayer

BO Upgraded Zombies and tried out a new way at multiplayer with CoD Points

MW3 Just upgraded what it previously had in multi and spec ops and also added survival mode, and leveling up in Spec Ops.

BO2 added even more to Zombies with Tranzit, 8 player zombies, a new customize class system and upgarded a lot of things in the multiplayer and also added choices to the campaign.

The point is, that is what sequals do, they add a few things with a new story and call it a new game, Pokemon Does it. Megaman Does it. Dead Space does is, every single game with a sequal does it. don't pretend like Rangers has changed so much over 2 sequals while CoD hasn't.
---
Poke White code: 1077-0690-9356
#42pbandjamesPosted 1/14/2013 4:36:29 AM
I'm amazed at how much you care, TC. Everything is milked. If other brands could do it as much as Pokemon, they would.
---
Game news is the best news.
#43DeathSoul2000Posted 1/14/2013 5:20:47 AM
megamachopop posted...
You know COD has had a game every year? Sometimes 2? The mainstream Pokemon games have at least a few years in between each.

B/W -2011
B/W2 - 2012
X/Y -2013

yeah, thats a few years between each all right.
#44Nergy15Posted 1/14/2013 5:23:59 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
megamachopop posted...
You know COD has had a game every year? Sometimes 2? The mainstream Pokemon games have at least a few years in between each.

B/W -2011
B/W2 - 2012
X/Y -2013

I think he means generations. B/W and X/Y are two different generations.
---
u wot m8
#45SoeroahPosted 1/14/2013 5:24:20 AM
I love Pokemon and hope it continues far into the future.

If you count all the spin-offs and whatnot, since the first game game out in Japan there's been one Pokemon game released an average of every 100-140 days or so, it was a while since I checked.

Whether that counts as 'milking' it up to perception, though. Someone who likes all those different games won't consider it milking, someone who hates the series probably would have claimed it was 'milked' when the first game had two slightly different versions.

All companies are out to make money, that's why they exist. At least Pokemon is, by and large, attempting to target multiple types of gameplay with different series. Someone can like the main titles, or just the Mystery Dungeons, or even Conquest, and they can all enjoy the series as much as someone who enjoys a type of Pokemon game they don't like.

TL;DR: Milking is only a bad thing to the people who don't enjoy the resulting influx games.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.
#46Rurouni720Posted 1/14/2013 5:34:32 AM
Zero280 posted...
BoosterBurst posted...
Pokemon is actually good.
#47Catcher_FreemanPosted 1/14/2013 5:35:44 AM(edited)
megamachopop posted...

B/W -2011
B/W2 - 2012
X/Y -2013

B/W came out in 2010 in Japan.

So 2 years between B/W and B/W2, and 3 years between B/W and X/Y.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8Ri7C.jpg - Viridi is best goddess.
#48DeathSnipe777Posted 1/14/2013 6:08:12 AM(edited)
Pokemon is actually interesting. There are also FPS games out there that are definitely better than CoD. You'd be hard pressed to find a monster catching/training RPG that's better than Pokemon. The only real contenders would be Persona and Dragon Quest games.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#49NejiHyuga900Posted 1/14/2013 6:09:12 AM
Vyers posted...
Oh, and I have a question.

Is it milking that there are three Ranger games? That there are nine Mystery Dungeon games? That there are six Stadium-style games (the last one being a very poorly-made battle simulation game with no merit on its own), two Pinball games, two TCG games, two cruddy Pikachu raising games (not even counting the fad-inspired pocket pet toys), Pokémon Puzzle reskins of Panel de Pon, two PokéPark games (neither of which got good reviews), or two Rumble games (same)?

Actually, there are 3 TCG Games:
- Pokémon Trading Cards Game (GBC)
- Pokémon Card GB2 (GBC)
- Pokémon Trading Cards Game Online (PC)
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
#50DeathSoul2000Posted 1/14/2013 6:23:11 AM
NejiHyuga900 posted...
Vyers posted...
Oh, and I have a question.

Is it milking that there are three Ranger games? That there are nine Mystery Dungeon games? That there are six Stadium-style games (the last one being a very poorly-made battle simulation game with no merit on its own), two Pinball games, two TCG games, two cruddy Pikachu raising games (not even counting the fad-inspired pocket pet toys), Pokémon Puzzle reskins of Panel de Pon, two PokéPark games (neither of which got good reviews), or two Rumble games (same)?

Actually, there are 3 TCG Games:
- Pokémon Trading Cards Game (GBC)
- Pokémon Card GB2 (GBC)
- Pokémon Trading Cards Game Online (PC)

actually there's also a TCG game for the DS, though i have no idea how similar it is to the others and know next to nothing about it.