I'm amazed that there's anyone who thinks that CoD is more milked than Pokemon.

#61Jeffdk1Posted 1/14/2013 7:46:01 AM
Really couldn't care less. Every game gets 'milked' just because they need to make a profit. And off course the more popular games will have more DLC, spin-offs and so on. The same way a popular phone will have more available covers, hand-free sets etc. Seems pointless to 'milk' a non-popular game as there will be no demand.
#62Fou LuPosted 1/14/2013 7:50:20 AM
Pokemon isn't "milked". It's a franchise, it has a TV show, movies, toys.. It's like saying any kid's cartoon that expands past just the show is "milked".

CoD isn't "milked" either, it has a yearly game release, just like any sports game.
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#63king_darksPosted 1/14/2013 8:00:35 AM
Vyers posted...
Well not really, but yeah.

Pokémon is way more milked than that, and pretty much every other series.

^ The vast majority of posters are children. The vast majority of lurkers are adults / confusing poll results.
---
School days are back.
#64CyhortI82Posted 1/14/2013 8:03:03 AM
I'm amazed people think Pokemon is more milked than Mario.
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I believe in the Straight Edge Savior and the Mizziah I love DLC :)
#65Neo_HeartlessPosted 1/14/2013 8:04:27 AM
Are both games Milked? Yes.

So what's the difference?

Pokemon is actually good.
---
This is more intense than that time I forgot how to DO A BARREL ROLL!
Then I remembered to press Z or R twice.
#66Jeffdk1Posted 1/14/2013 8:08:04 AM
I want to get milked.
#67Buttery_ToastPosted 1/14/2013 8:12:25 AM
I'd like to milk Miltank, if ya know what I mean. ;)
---
My body is always Reggie.
Currently playing: Fate/Extra, P3P, Corpse Party, FE6
#68QueskerPosted 1/14/2013 8:24:21 AM
I think the problem here is that the definition of "milked" isn't definitive. Hence why the arguments like these. Maybe it's time that we set down a concrete, in-depth, specific definition once and for all?
---
7 is good. I swear the school's 75-100 grading scale has ruined peoples perception of things.
-MillionGunmannn
#69lindaluvPosted 1/14/2013 8:41:31 AM
Quesker posted...
I think the problem here is that the definition of "milked" isn't definitive. Hence why the arguments like these. Maybe it's time that we set down a concrete, in-depth, specific definition once and for all?

Milked (in terms of games and not females) - releasing the same game over and over with minuscule changes... in other words, releasing the SAME game, but with a new numeral and maybe SOME new content (like the iPhone for example). So while I do enjoy Pokemon, and I did enjoy the First COD, and I liked Mari, Zelda, and Madden and Fifa.... they are milked.. in that its the same game released over and over again. However, Pokemon, Mario and Zelda to a degree do try to change things up. Most sports games and FPS are sadly the true milked games simply because there is no longer any innovation it brings. Each new iteration is literally the same as the previous, but maybe with a different description, setting of the same thing.
---
MolaMadara : Punkin (lvl 130 - Warrior) - add me up on PSN ^_^
#70aDarkShinePosted 1/14/2013 8:42:18 AM
The marketing for CoD is much more obnoxious (at least in the West), so it would seem more milked and is certainly more annoying when every person you know talks about CoD and shoves it down your throat.
---
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2008/03/sexy-batarian.jpg