I'm amazed that there's anyone who thinks that CoD is more milked than Pokemon.

#81nazacuckooPosted 1/14/2013 10:36:53 AM
There has been an annual pokemon game for the last 3 or 4 years I think.
---
If there is one thing I have learned from years of watching cartoons as a kid, its that you don't F*** with Shamans >:D
#82RazumPosted 1/14/2013 10:48:26 AM
CoD is churned out every year with a minimal amount of gameplay tweaks and some new maps.

Pokemon has a new main series game every couple of years. Between that you get the 3rd entry games, which are the only games that could be considered milking. Beyond that there's several other pokemon games (mystery dungeon, rumble blast, etc). Those games have pokemon in them (likely to help the sell based on familiar and popular characters), but have very little in common with Pokemon's main series. This would be like getting a new genre of game and tossing CoD characters in it to help it sell (granted, that wouldn't work because no one cares about cod characters, but still).
---
UMvC 3 Team:
Hagger/P.Wright/Spencer
#83McMarblesPosted 1/14/2013 11:21:48 AM
I think the word "milked" is milked.
---
Currently playing: Tales of the Abyss
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#84GubbeyPosted 1/14/2013 11:29:54 AM
This guy is trying really hard.

What, pray tell, do you hope to achieve?
---
"I desire to go to Hell and not to Heaven. In the former I shall enjoy the company of popes, kings and princes..." - Niccolo Machiavelli
#85shadic88Posted 1/14/2013 11:33:06 AM
Why do people always want to put down things they don't enjoy?
I love both pokemon and call of duty(offline only though).
Sure there are games I don't play, for example: any of the sims games,
they just aren't my cup of tea. Now with that said
I won't go around saying those games suck or anything, hell of of my friends loves the sims.
I guess I'm the kind of person who is happy when other people are happy.

Well, it's good to get that off my chest, anyways I'm ecstatic about the pokemon X and Y they just look amazing, I also still need to beat black ops 2 on veteran, (I'm seriously going to do that "one" mission differently, I had a tear down my cheek when I found out I killed Mason

Hahaha, well that all I guess to quote an awesome youtuber, "nerds, nerdettes, game the **** on!"
---
Diamond 4640 2156 5768 Mark
#86MarsfordPosted 1/14/2013 11:33:40 AM
It really depends on the definition of milked. Before even debating, it has to be clarified what everyone means by that word.
---
"but if you're the kind of person who thinks that anything with primary colors is for kids than nothing will change your mind." - Arucard05
#87McMarblesPosted 1/14/2013 11:36:09 AM
Marsford posted...
It really depends on the definition of milked. Before even debating, it has to be clarified what everyone means by that word.

I think the agreed-upon Internet definition is "I don't like this game but they keep making it!"
---
Currently playing: Tales of the Abyss
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#88Wynters387Posted 1/14/2013 11:38:39 AM(edited)
Marsford posted...

It means dragging the IP back into the stable, slapping it, then putting a bucket under it's utter, and finally yanking it till white stuff pours out.
---
Remember Senor, crafter of love.
President of the NDF Official Archeops of the Pokemon X Board
#89thatmovingbushPosted 1/14/2013 11:38:40 AM
Pokemon may be milked, but I stopped caring about CoD by the time MW2 came out. The same cannot be said about Pokemon.
---
Only stupid people make generalizations. No exceptions.
FC: 0516-7339-8901
#90EndgamePosted 1/14/2013 11:43:30 AM
Pokemon is actually good.

not anymore it's not, Fifth Generation ruined it forever

plus, the spin-offs were always pretty bad, so only the main series was ever good, and even then only for three generations (as in, the First Generation sucked too, just not even half as much as the Fifth) before getting ruined
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert