Do you HAVE to be 17+ to buy M rated games yourself at Gamestop?

#1Zero_ManiacPosted 1/14/2013 1:24:15 AM
Because I REALLY want MGS3D and REvelations, but I'm only 16 >.>
---
Currently Playing: Chrono Trigger, FFIV DS, and Megaman Zero 1-3.
#2robulastagePosted 1/14/2013 1:26:21 AM
Yes, if the cashiers on duty care about their jobs.
---
3DS FC: 4253-3586-3727
#3BlueBombei2Posted 1/14/2013 1:26:44 AM
Yeah but not all follow that rule.
#4Zero_Maniac(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 1:32:05 AM
Dumb rule is dumb...IMO I think that all ratings should be more like guidelines, so you wouldn't HAVE to follow them. I know people including myself that aren't 17 or older yet either play M rated games, are mature enough for them, or both.

I just think you should judge whether or not a person can play M rated games individually. It should be up to the parents whether or not their child can play said game, and if it isn't up to the parents, then they just suck at parenting anyways.

/end rant
---
#5BlueBombei2Posted 1/14/2013 1:34:35 AM
Zero_Maniac posted...
Dumb rule is dumb...IMO I think that all ratings should be more like guidelines, so you wouldn't HAVE to follow them. I know people including myself that aren't 17 or older yet either play M rated games, are mature enough for them, or both.

I just think you should judge whether or not a person can play M rated games individually. It should be up to the parents whether or not their child can play said game, and if it isn't up to the parents, then they just suck at parenting anyways.

/end rant

It is up to the parents... your mom can buy it for you.
#6Zero_Maniac(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 1:36:49 AM
BlueBombei2 posted...
Zero_Maniac posted...

/end rant

Yes, but don't you find that a little embarassing? Having your mother/father buy your M rated games for you? I don't see why younger people can't just buy the damn game themselves. If their parents don't approve, then they can come back later and return it for their child, or lock it up somewhere until their child is 17.
---
#7Bancario51Posted 1/14/2013 1:37:46 AM
did you know you could sue them if they sell you a game when you are underaged?
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#8BlueBombei2Posted 1/14/2013 1:39:32 AM
When I was 16 M rated games weren't as prominent as they are now so it wasn't as big of an issue. Those that were out I didn't really play much. I didn't get into M rated games till PS2 honestly. Silent Hill 2 was my first M rated game and I bought it myself when I turned 17.
#9Zero_Maniac(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 1:40:13 AM
Bancario51 posted...
did you know you could sue them if they sell you a game when you are underaged?

Nope. And why the hell would I? Why the hell would anyone for that matter, unless they're an overprotective parent?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not supporting having 5 year olds on M rated games, but I do think that some younger teens can handle M rated games.
---
#10nonexistingheroPosted 1/14/2013 1:41:56 AM
Zero_Maniac posted...
BlueBombei2 posted...
Zero_Maniac posted...

/end rant

Yes, but don't you find that a little embarassing? Having your mother/father buy your M rated games for you? I don't see why younger people can't just buy the damn game themselves. If their parents don't approve, then they can come back later and return it for their child, or lock it up somewhere until their child is 17.

There's nothing embarassing about it. The only thing embarassing is the child-like attitude you're currently showing.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.