Which Fire Emblem game is a good game to start with for a newbie???

#1HellsingOrgPosted 1/14/2013 2:27:07 AM
Never played one but I want to get into the games.

I only have access to the free GBA one they gave to 3ds ambassadors and I could get the new one coming out for 3ds if thats a better one to start.
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#2BuretsuPosted 1/14/2013 2:41:40 AM
Sacred Stones is pretty newbie friendly, especially considering you can go to optional maps to grind pretty much any time you feel like it.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#3kukingina2Posted 1/14/2013 2:44:28 AM
yea the ambassador one is very newbie friendly
---
Anime is saved - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsWh8i9EY_U
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047
#4HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 2:47:21 AM
kukingina2 posted...

but is it like the 1st in the series or something?
I don't want to play like the 5th game or something and not know anything about the characters or stuff.
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#5BuretsuPosted 1/14/2013 2:51:57 AM
HellsingOrg posted...
kukingina2 posted...

I don't want to play like the 5th game or something and not know anything about the characters or stuff.

Nah, most of the games aren't connected with each other. Sacred Stones, in fact, is completely standalone.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#6lambchipsPosted 1/14/2013 2:53:02 AM
HellsingOrg posted...
kukingina2 posted...

the first 6 games never left japan... FE7 (known as fire emblem in the west) was the first game to reach US shores, which is the best FE game... sacred stone sucks because its too easy, good for beginners but sucks for veterans
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#7kukingina2Posted 1/14/2013 2:53:49 AM
nah usually Fire emblem games have standalone stories like final fantasy although some are connected to other FE games by being an offspring or a friend of the past heroes etc.
---
Anime is saved - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsWh8i9EY_U
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047
#8BuretsuPosted 1/14/2013 2:54:56 AM
lambchips posted...
HellsingOrg posted...
kukingina2 posted...

the first 6 games never left japan... FE7 (known as fire emblem in the west) was the first game to reach US shores, which is the best FE game... sacred stone sucks because its too easy, good for beginners but sucks for veterans

FE 1 did receive an enhanced port as Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon on the DS.
---
#9ZBug_Posted 1/14/2013 2:55:23 AM
Like others have said, most the games are stand alone games that never have more then 2 directly related. So story wise, you'll be fine.
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067 (PM me so I can add you back)
#10ZBug_Posted 1/14/2013 2:58:50 AM
Also with that said, I'd recommend Fire Emblem on the GBA (it has no subtitle outside Japan) (first game to be released over seas) because it has a very elaborate tutorial in the beginning.
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067 (PM me so I can add you back)