question about going digital

#1psprulz2007Posted 1/14/2013 6:47:42 AM
Im buying a 3ds here soon and i highly like the idea of digital games. id much rather have all my games stored in one spot (already on the system) then having dozens of game carts to try to keep track of. so my question is are ALL 3ds games on the eshop for digital download? also what is the biggest size memory card the 3ds can support? finally can i use multiple memory cards at the same time? as in being able to swap out memory cards and have no issues like it is with swapping cards on the vita. thanks
---
PSN (Vita)+ GT: FeelinKorny
Im not trolling my topic just sucks.
#2inhixcodePosted 1/14/2013 6:52:46 AM
What happens if you console spoils?
#3guedesbrawlPosted 1/14/2013 6:55:03 AM
not all of them are.maybe someday.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#4CAPSARPosted 1/14/2013 7:26:32 AM
Right now it's mostly the games from the Big N, there are a few others. But some I don't think we'll see on the eShop any time soon. As far as the haters of digital don't listen to them I'm on the same boat as you. And to answer the question if something happens to the system that's why you send it back to Nintendo for service, if they can't fix it while your porgress would be lost they will transfer the content over to a new system.
#5esoteric42Posted 1/14/2013 8:25:29 AM
I've had a 3DS since launch and plan on going digital whenever possible. Games from this date forward are more likely to be on the eShop, including notable 3rd party games (look for Castlevania on eShop, for example).

The largest SD card the 3DS will support is 32GB. The largest game for the 3DS is 1GB.
---
3DS Friend Code: 4511-0481-8141
#6PokeCrisPosted 1/14/2013 9:19:30 AM(edited)
Ever since digital copies of games starting getting released I planned on going full digital, but last week something happened to my 3DS and I ended up losing all my save data which totally sucked. Now I'm reconsidering it.
---
3DS FC: 0430-8439-5209
#7DonomegaPosted 1/14/2013 9:18:20 AM
Only thing stopping me from going digital on the 3Ds, there is no account associated with it, so if something happens you can't re-download the games etc.

But I could be wrong as I am sure someone will correct me
---
3Ds friend code - 0903-4184-6816
XBL - RobDaCool
#8JoeHigashi2000Posted 1/14/2013 9:40:41 AM
I'd rather physical because what do we do when the servers for the 3DS are shut down and you can't redownload your games if you delete them from your system? Or they do like Sony and pull a game you paid for down and you can't get it again without buying it physically?
---
GT: J03HIG45HI PS3/Vita: JoeHigashi2000 3DS: 0817-3804-7210
#9Darkstorm16Posted 1/14/2013 10:01:34 AM
Honestly its simple, you just don't delete -_-; not that hard. Well...Nintendo did pull Tetris Party Live...and I can still play it >.< and redownload it. Idk if I can redownload Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary...but I'm still playing it. I'm going all digital, because sometimes I find sometimes the contacts in the carts can wear down, or what not. The issue is when you think long term...what if the next handheld don't allow 3ds carts but allow 3ds downloads? Then its like the 3ds downloads life expectancy gets extended. There's pros and cons no matter where you go. It's like the old days where people went from beta max to vhs to dvd to bluray to digital or when music went from records to cassettes to cds to mp3. Digital seems to be the new future and might as well get used to it, you can struggle to avoid but sometimes that makes the pain so much worse.
---
Current Systems: 3DS, DSlite, IPod Touch
If There is Evil in this world it lurks in the hearts of Man- Tales of Phantasia
#10Shadowman621Posted 1/14/2013 1:17:42 PM
I wouldn't ever go totally digital, but if there was an option to create digital backups of physical games then I would go for it. Or maybe they should do what's being done with movies these days, include a code you can redeem for a digital copy.
---
Official Roof Fiddler and Maestro of the NDF
3DS FC: 0516-7288-9163 Handle: Brandon