Itoi announced Mother/EarthBound re-release...theories?

#1StarmanJuniorPosted 1/14/2013 11:15:45 AM
Itoi has officially announced a Mother/EarthBound re-release, although he says it's not Mother 4...meaning it will probably be a compilation pack. I for one highly doubt that we'll be seeing it in our neck of the woods, but hey...one can dream can't they. Wouldn't mind seeing an updated port of Mother 1 that fixes the aging problems (slow moving battles a la FF1) but again, if we actually see this in North America, I my faith in NIntendo may be restored.
---
It's been a long time, Buzz Buzz
#2CressDXXPosted 1/14/2013 11:18:55 AM
if its a rerelease then i wonder if they will change the copywrited music they used?
---
3DS FC: 4425-1804-8511
GT: CressDX
#3SailorSatournePosted 1/14/2013 11:20:00 AM
I stopped caring about a potential Mother re-release in the West ages ago. Nintendo doesn't want my money, that's fine with me.
---
Placeholder signature so people don't skip the last line of my posts.
#4TheZuperHeroPosted 1/14/2013 11:21:44 AM
Itoi mentioned that the purpose of the re-release was related to worldwide audiences so I'm not sure what that means, but it's surprising how skeptical everyone is being despite that fact.
---
Currently Playing: Unchained Blades, Fire Emblem, Denpa Men
3DS Info: Jake - 4167-4549-4028 (Feel free to add me, message to be added back!)
#5SailorSatournePosted 1/14/2013 11:40:32 AM
I stay sceptical because it beats getting your hopes up.

But if we get a "Mother Trilogy", I will buy three copies. One for me, one for my friend, and one for my girlfriend. AND I'll paypal $40 to a random user here just so THEY can buy it too.

Hey, if they end up releasing all three games in the West, what do you think they'll do with the names?

Earthbound Zero -> Earthbound -> Earthbound 2?

Or will they give it the final fantasy treatment and "fix" the numbering?
---
Placeholder signature so people don't skip the last line of my posts.
#6StarmanJunior(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 11:47:10 AM
SailorSatourne posted...
I stay sceptical because it beats getting your hopes up.

But if we get a "Mother Trilogy", I will buy three copies. One for me, one for my friend, and one for my girlfriend. AND I'll paypal $40 to a random user here just so THEY can buy it too.

Hey, if they end up releasing all three games in the West, what do you think they'll do with the names?

Earthbound Zero -> Earthbound -> Earthbound 2?

Or will they give it the final fantasy treatment and "fix" the numbering?

I will do so as well...buy multiple copies, just to show those fatcats at Nintendo that these are damn good games and damn worth playing...for EVERYONE.
---
#7Jamirus2Posted 1/14/2013 11:47:33 AM
I would like to think if it got a western release, they would fix the names of the game, like SE did with FF 2/4 and 3/6.
---
3DS Friend Code: *** 1246 - 8894 - 9473 ***
Xbox360 Gamertag: *** Jamirus2 ***
#8XXXB0BXXXPosted 1/14/2013 12:08:20 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#9StarmanJunior(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 12:30:40 PM
It was an official announcement...but not too much information has been given otherwise, so I'm TRYING not to get my hopes up, but I'd like to hope that Nintendo has a little bit of integrity left to give this one a shot.
---
#10zalmutePosted 1/14/2013 12:32:58 PM
I hope it comes true. They should just get the source from the guys who did the mother 1+2 and the mother 3 translations. They handled the most of the work for them ,all they need to do is get hip tanaka to do new NONSAMPLED music and we are good to go.
---
IOS Fanboy. Cant afford a 16 dollar app but can afford a 499$ device.