Itoi announced Mother/EarthBound re-release...theories?

#41silenthill4vidPosted 1/16/2013 12:46:41 PM
cool, never played em before. got a jpn system so im ready.
---
splinter cell: blacklist......the latest game series turned generic shooter.
#42Awesomely Awesome AJPosted 1/19/2013 4:04:34 PM
Itoi doesn't have to be the one in charge of every single Earthbound game. Let somebody else take the series. Maybe then we will get a change of perspective from the first person view in battles to actually seeing our characters.
---
3DS 1160-9716-6904 Gamer Tag: AwesomeAJ x8
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/heaven.gif?w=504&h=285
#43emeraldfox_09Posted 1/19/2013 4:27:01 PM
CloudStrife630 posted...

Hellbound-> Earthbound-> Heavenbound

I like it.
---
I often yell at my Wii not to patronize me - Wario_man
Bianca <3. I like Shauntal too.
#44Sir_HaxorPosted 1/19/2013 4:29:48 PM
Awesomely Awesome AJ posted...
Itoi doesn't have to be the one in charge of every single Earthbound game. Let somebody else take the series. Maybe then we will get a change of perspective from the first person view in battles to actually seeing our characters.

Why does that matter? I like the first person and hope it stays as a series staple if we ever get a Mother 4.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0559-6940-0140
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#45zavlinzPosted 1/19/2013 5:24:53 PM
Siara_Sedai posted...
Well, at least fans are making a Mother 4. http://mother4.andonuts.net/ It's one of the most promising fangames I've ever seen, right up there with Chrono Resurrection.

hopefully its a lot more promising than that! because far as i know chrono: resurrection has no hope of being released.
#46mtjormitchPosted 1/19/2013 5:28:48 PM
GloryChaos posted...
Itoi does whatever the hell he wants. He's practically a celebrity in Japan. He even did an Iwata Asks in place of Iwata not too long ago.

You do know that this would honestly make it easier to go below the belt in fan attacks... right... we could easily say that he was racist and or xenophobic and if they do not release the game we don't stop saying that nintendo is racist and or xenophobic... it would be a complete jerkass move but it would get up the games if we did it.

I just hope we don't have to.
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#47LOLRIFANPosted 1/19/2013 5:31:47 PM
CressDXX posted...
if its a rerelease then i wonder if they will change the copywrited music they used?

*sigh* they don't have to.
it's called fair use. shows like robot chicken rip off far more material then eartbound did.
keep in mind the copy right laws in japan work very different so even if nintendo HAD issues with copy right that wouldn't stop a japanese release.

the reason I THINK earthbound never made it to vc,is the game's anti piracy measures which would STILL exist within the original source code. if nintendo is too lazy to emulate rumble in mk 64 they sure as hell ain't gonna go through all that trouble to work arround the anti piracy measures.

again until we see a japanese release of earthbound on vc you cannot claim it's copy right issues.
---
I am a furry AND PROUD to admit it.
Also guess what I AM SMASHKING84
#48MrKunioPosted 1/19/2013 5:41:25 PM
SailorSatourne posted...
I stopped caring about a potential Mother re-release in the West ages ago. Nintendo doesn't want my money, that's fine with me.

Pretty much... I dont know why they wouldnt release these games.
---
Official Mr. Bousouzoku 1986
3DS Fc: Mr. Kunio - 3437-4087-1475
#49Awesomely Awesome AJPosted 1/19/2013 9:01:58 PM
Sir_Haxor posted...
Awesomely Awesome AJ posted...

Why does that matter? I like the first person and hope it stays as a series staple if we ever get a Mother 4.

I didn't mind it but I'm not a big fan of it. Definitely prefer seeing my characters especially if their weapons change. It also gives you more animations to look at
---
3DS 1160-9716-6904 Gamer Tag: AwesomeAJ x8
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/heaven.gif?w=504&h=285
#50Siara_SedaiPosted 1/22/2013 1:44:06 PM
zavlinz posted...
Siara_Sedai posted...
Well, at least fans are making a Mother 4. http://mother4.andonuts.net/ It's one of the most promising fangames I've ever seen, right up there with Chrono Resurrection.

hopefully its a lot more promising than that! because far as i know chrono: resurrection has no hope of being released.

Yes that is correct. Square-Enix shut down this project. So let me rephrase: The fan-made EB4 looks as promising to me as Chrono Resurrection did before it got canned.
---
That world are square.