Do you guys think Nintendo should publish the next Call of Duty game on the 3DS?

#21E-25Posted 1/15/2013 9:11:25 PM
Jackalfox posted...
E-25 posted...
MetalLoki posted...
"improve 3DS system sales '

Prove this in no less then 5 charts.

The sales of Vita's CoD / bundles speak volumes.

Declassified was an abomination in terms of sales because:

- it was developed by a team that was known for mediocre projects
- little was shown of the game before release, and what was shown didn't look good at all
- there was very little marketing for the game

If they got, say, nSpace to develop a 3DS CoD game, or another established developer, and put enough marketing into it, they might just be able to sell a lot of copies.

No. It was an abomination in terms of game quality. The sales of it (including bundles) managed to top the PSV charts in NA, which is all I was referring to.
---
Where did you come from? Where do you go?
Where did you come from, demon-eyed Jho?
#22kakashik99992Posted 1/15/2013 9:28:56 PM
E-25 posted...
Jackalfox posted...
E-25 posted...
MetalLoki posted...

- little was shown of the game before release, and what was shown didn't look good at all

If they got, say, nSpace to develop a 3DS CoD game, or another established developer, and put enough marketing into it, they might just be able to sell a lot of copies.

No. It was an abomination in terms of game quality. The sales of it (including bundles) managed to top the PSV charts in NA, which is all I was referring to.

It sold less in NA than Street fighter 3ds a much older game on the same period so I doubt Nintendo would care especially when it sold in total like what Pokemon sells in the first ten minutes
---
My pokemon run http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/150
#23MrAntike184Posted 1/15/2013 9:44:00 PM
kakashik99992 posted...
E-25 posted...
Jackalfox posted...
E-25 posted...
MetalLoki posted...

It sold less in NA than Street fighter 3ds a much older game on the same period so I doubt Nintendo would care especially when it sold in total like what Pokemon sells in the first ten minutes

Uh, SSF4 3D Is A Year Older Than CoD:BO:D.
---
Were All Originals? Nah
#24GenericName9Posted 1/15/2013 9:51:30 PM
H*** noes. C.O.D = crap.

Thinking about it though if Nintendo ever worked out a deal with Valve and ported CS:S I'd probably buy/play it. I doubt it though, either of them, Nintendo's never had a big presence in the FPS genre, not since the N64 back when idsoft was top dog(pre Half-Life era). Besides, in my opinion FPS games are'nt fun outside of their native platform: PC, no matter how they map it the controls just feel botched, there's no key-binding, you can't level edit or mod. Console FPS games always feel like the mentally challenged little brother of their PC counterpart.

Another point: if Nintendo did want to tap that market they are'nt hurting for resources I don't think it would be a big issue for them to assemble a team and make their own in-house IP. Artistically games like C.O.D don't really present much of a challenge to the artist, everything is a carbon-copy clone of real life. Story is a no-brainer: "X terrorist organization developing weapon of mass destruction, plans to use it" then "Y elite military group must stop them". Then slap on a generic name like "Brothers in Honor" or "Call to Valour", etc. etc.
---
If you were a boss I'd deathmatch ya in a minute!
#25ilikepie641Posted 1/15/2013 10:01:43 PM
I doubt nintendo cares about cod... maybe if activision sees poor sales on the vita side they may want to go back with n-space and makes a cod on ds but it really doesnt matter
#26ilikepie641Posted 1/15/2013 10:05:01 PM
if nintendo wanted a fps theyd most likely make another metroid prime or a new ip
#27ilikepie641Posted 1/15/2013 10:07:41 PM
i would like to see a 3ds cod game though... think it would be an interesting game to have on the 3ds and drive attention away from the vita... with nintendo trying to be more hardcore friendly maybe we might see one or maybe we wont

at least we got renagade kid on our sides
#28Kaze_MemaryuPosted 1/15/2013 11:31:11 PM(edited)
Of course Nintendo doesn't care about CoD in general. But if they see sales potential, they allow the dev's to bring it over - yet, the Wii games sucked even more than the X360/PS3 games, and BOII on WiiU is totally not worth it - the audience is elsewhere, for the most part.

ilikepie641 posted...
i would like to see a 3ds cod game though... think it would be an interesting game to have on the 3ds and drive attention away from the vita... with nintendo trying to be more hardcore friendly maybe we might see one or maybe we wont

If they wanted to be 'hardcore friendly', they'd be better off banning CoD games from Nintendo systems altogether...
---
"Evil, beware. We have waffles..."
- Raven, Teen Titans