Can you back up your save data?

#1tw1g_007Posted 1/14/2013 4:11:22 PM
I have about 30 hrs logged into Unchained Blades (amazing RPG) and the paranoia is just setting in slowly. If something happens to my 3DS I know for sure I won't be replaying the game ever. Re-purchasing is one thing but definitely not starting over. So is there anyway to back up the save data or its impossible?
---
MH will have to wait and why do most GameFAQ'ers in the 3DS board have sex with their 3DS?
#2PlaysaverPosted 1/14/2013 9:40:04 PM
tw1g_007 posted...
I have about 30 hrs logged into Unchained Blades (amazing RPG) and the paranoia is just setting in slowly. If something happens to my 3DS I know for sure I won't be replaying the game ever. Re-purchasing is one thing but definitely not starting over. So is there anyway to back up the save data or its impossible?

Yes the save for Unchained Blades is on the memory card at folder 0009eb00/data/ (at least in my 3ds) and is called 00000001.sav (7 zeros). I don't know if it would be tied to the 3ds you saved it on or be usable on any other 3ds with a legal copy of the game.
To restore that save you'd have to have installed the game again and started it up so that the game makes a save file. Then shutdown the game and replace that save with your backup.