Is the pokemon franchise more milked then the cod franchise?

#1king_darksPosted 1/14/2013 5:32:49 PM
Topic. - Results (114 votes)
Yes to title.
28.95% (33 votes)
No to title.
71.05% (81 votes)
This poll is now closed.
It always feels like whacking a hornet nest when you compare cod to anything on this board.
---
School days are back.
#2marioparty17Posted 1/14/2013 5:34:52 PM
i love cod and pokemon
---
3DS FC 2535-3692-1887 PSN : MARIOPARTY17
He covered from head to toe in weaponary, like a rainbow apocalypses - Viridi Goddess of Nature from KI:U
#3legendarylemurPosted 1/14/2013 5:35:53 PM
I dunno, lots of games for Pokemon, sure, but it's one series that I wouldn't mind if it gets a lot of games. I mean, its universe has so much potential. It'd be stupid not to milk it.

COD on the other hand... I like FPSes for its competitive scene, and COD competitive is a joke. Easy to pick up, easy to master. No recoil, perfect accuracy, too high of ROF, too high damage, cardboard armor, etc. etc. make COD an easy target for ridicule by a non-casual market.
---
According to Wikipedia, you don't exist!
Official official. Officially
#4king_darks(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 5:42:55 PM
legendarylemur posted...
I dunno, lots of games for Pokemon, sure, but it's one series that I wouldn't mind if it gets a lot of games. I mean, its universe has so much potential. It'd be stupid not to milk it.

COD on the other hand... I like FPSes for its competitive scene, and COD competitive is a joke. Easy to pick up, easy to master. No recoil, perfect accuracy, too high of ROF, too high damage, cardboard armor, etc. etc. make COD an easy target for ridicule by a non-casual market.

Vote objectively please.
---
School days are back.
#5aamotPosted 1/14/2013 5:45:43 PM(edited)
Show me Call of Duty pajamas, TV shows, movies, trading card games, novelty hats, and fast-food toys. Then I'll believe that COD is as milked as Pokemon is.
---
"I dare you to make less sense."
#6king_darks(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 5:48:43 PM
aamot posted...
Show me Call of Duty pajamas, TV shows, movies, trading card games, novelty hats, and fast-food toys. Then I'll believe that COD is as milked as Pokemon is.

^ To late. The board has decided.
---
School days are back.
#7LorthremarPosted 1/14/2013 5:49:31 PM
Definitely. The votes on this board are very, very biased. Can you go to the store and buy Call of Duty pajamas, shampoo, conditioner, and trading cards? Also, can you show 61 Call of Duty games? I can show you 61 Pokemon games.

I'm not hating on Pokemon; I play the games, and I enjoy (although lately, it's iffy). But Jesus, there is just way too many of them.
---
1. No one f***ing asked.
2. Wrong board, Holmes.
#8AjidoMarujidoPosted 1/14/2013 6:07:22 PM(edited)
Yes, and justifiably so.

Nintendo's target audience with Pokémon is kids. They can make toys, DVDs, spinoff games, cards, collectables, plushes, clothes, etc... They can (and do) slap Pikachu's face on anything and expect kids to demand it for Christmas.

Call of Duty doesn't have that luxury. Outside of video game related accessories, they can't get away with too much that will appeal to their target audience, and sell. If they could, you have to believe that Activision, without a doubt, would be all over it. I mean just look at Skylanders, that's existed for what, 16 months? Just look at all the merchandise that it has.
---
Now: DJMax Technika Tune (PSV), Prof. Layton & the Miracle Mask (3DS)
PSN: MilesEdgeworth XBL: The 22nd
#9aamotPosted 1/14/2013 6:18:10 PM(edited)
aamot posted...

^ To late. The board has decided.

Because, at its root, your topic is hate mongering lol. If you asked this to the COD board, the results would be entirely opposite.

You're asking handheld gamers if one of their (newly announced and highly hyped) favorite series is more overrated than the single series this board hates the most.

Yep. Hate mongering lol.
---
"I dare you to make less sense."
#10Carbuncle009Posted 1/14/2013 6:12:28 PM
aamot posted...
Because, at it's root, you're topic

/]_-
---
Can I put my Onix in your Cloyster? Yes: 4 No: 4 Maybe: 2
The Sapphire Carbuncle: Why I'm proud to be a brony http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyYTKbC6tbw