Is the pokemon franchise more milked then the cod franchise?

#11aamotPosted 1/14/2013 7:17:53 PM
aamot posted...
Because, at it's root, you're topic

/]_-

Hah, oops. I had originally typed "Because, at its root, you're hate mongering." I genuinely misused the apostrophe just before that though, haha.
---
"I dare you to make less sense."
#12king_darks(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 7:23:14 PM
aamot posted...
aamot posted...
Show me Call of Duty pajamas, TV shows, movies, trading card games, novelty hats, and fast-food toys. Then I'll believe that COD is as milked as Pokemon is.

^ To late. The board has decided.

Because, at its root, your topic is hate mongering lol. If you asked this to the COD board, the results would be entirely opposite.

You're asking handheld gamers if one of their (newly announced and highly hyped) favorite series is more overrated than the single series this board hates the most.

Yep. Hate mongering lol.

Every time Cod is mentioned haters come out of the woodwork. It is absolutely crazy how vocal the hate on this board it. Try to diss pokemon and you are buried by posters. I tried to make a topic about Cole mcgrath vs pikachu. Everybody spammed pikachu with so little thought put into it and cherry picking their arguments. It was so bad that people was flat out ignoring everything I said.

Anyway digression aside the board tendency to favor pokemon is to bias for it's own good.
---
School days are back.
#13Fr33zPosted 1/14/2013 7:24:36 PM
Its milked, but not as much as CoD. I stated this in the other thread, Milked franchises tend to be those that are made just for profit without any real thought into follow up games. These games tend to be forgotten after the next iteration comes around. Games like CoD are pretty much dead once the next version comes out, same can go for sports series like NBA2K and Madden. Ntm CoD is really only bought for its multiplayer, no one buys it for its single player experience, and year in and year out the multiplayer is pretty much the same. Yes Pokemon is milked but atleast theres a level of depth in the games and its included spinoffs like Mystery Dungeon and the Ranger series allow a different way to play the Pokemon franchise, that cant be said about CoD.
---
NNID: Illuminatis
Current Systems: PSP, PS3, Wii, WiiU, DS, 3DS
#14king_darks(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 7:38:06 PM
Fr33z posted...
Its milked, but not as much as CoD. I stated this in the other thread, Milked franchises tend to be those that are made just for profit without any real thought into follow up games. These games tend to be forgotten after the next iteration comes around. Games like CoD are pretty much dead once the next version comes out, same can go for sports series like NBA2K and Madden. Ntm CoD is really only bought for its multiplayer, no one buys it for its single player experience, and year in and year out the multiplayer is pretty much the same. Yes Pokemon is milked but atleast theres a level of depth in the games and its included spinoffs like Mystery Dungeon and the Ranger series allow a different way to play the Pokemon franchise, that cant be said about CoD.

You need to learn what the **** a franchise is.
---
School days are back.
#15RevolutionZealPosted 1/14/2013 8:06:42 PM
king_darks posted...
aamot posted...
aamot posted...
Show me Call of Duty pajamas, TV shows, movies, trading card games, novelty hats, and fast-food toys. Then I'll believe that COD is as milked as Pokemon is.

^ To late. The board has decided.

Because, at its root, your topic is hate mongering lol. If you asked this to the COD board, the results would be entirely opposite.

You're asking handheld gamers if one of their (newly announced and highly hyped) favorite series is more overrated than the single series this board hates the most.

Yep. Hate mongering lol.

Every time Cod is mentioned haters come out of the woodwork. It is absolutely crazy how vocal the hate on this board it. Try to diss pokemon and you are buried by posters. I tried to make a topic about Cole mcgrath vs pikachu. Everybody spammed pikachu with so little thought put into it and cherry picking their arguments. It was so bad that people was flat out ignoring everything I said.

Anyway digression aside the board tendency to favor pokemon is to bias for it's own good.

I actually agree with you on that I think Pokemon is milked more than CoD, but come on, were you really expecting a different reaction from the message board?

You expect people to vote objectively? HERE? You're just setting yourself up for disappointment. Not to mention, you made a terrible open post that is potentially aggravating, depending on the person who reads it, and that doesn't help the situation.
#16SegavsCapcomPosted 1/14/2013 8:24:12 PM
I'm surprised at the results. Pokemon games, spin offs included, release way more often than Call of Duty games. Also, Pokemon has a massive army of merchandise ranging from toys to movies to trading cards. It''s amazing.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#17aamotPosted 1/14/2013 8:41:46 PM
I'm surprised at the results. Pokemon games, spin offs included, release way more often than Call of Duty games. Also, Pokemon has a massive army of merchandise ranging from toys to movies to trading cards. It''s amazing.

It's just personal bias. 7 year olds will tell you that Ben 10 is a better person than John Adams was, but that doesn't mean... actually, on second thought, what has John Adams ever done for this galaxy?
---
"I dare you to make less sense."
#18legendarylemurPosted 1/14/2013 8:46:40 PM
aamot posted...

It's just personal bias. 7 year olds will tell you that Ben 10 is a better person than John Adams was, but that doesn't mean... actually, on second thought, what has John Adams ever done for this galaxy?

Contrary to popular beliefs, John Adams chased away all the aliens that were trying to invade Earth.
---
According to Wikipedia, you don't exist!
Official official. Officially