Your opinion on generalization regarding "3DS and it's games are just for kids!"

#21MetalLokiPosted 1/14/2013 10:42:43 PM(edited)
Zeraylph posted...
MetalLoki posted...
Zeraylph posted...
I don't know any kids that play Devil Survivor though :\

I got my 9 year old sister to play so I guess I technically know a kid that played it. She didn't hate it but she also plays Zelda games so she's not a good example.

:D that's cool.
But Zelda games can also be for teens and adults too.

I'm not really sure on age demographics for zelda

That came out wrong, what I meant was that she is the only kid I know that plays Zelda so she is a bad example of a stereotypical kid.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Lamia, Harpy, Centaur, Slime and Mermaid.....Next is?
#22finalevePosted 1/14/2013 10:44:37 PM
If a game is good, PLAY IT. I remember sitting in school playing Kingdom Hearts: CoM and eventually go over a firends house to play some Timesplitters 2 or Smash Bros. Melee and go home to play some Doom 3 or Katamari.

There are plenty of "kids" games on any other console out there (look at PS2) but they were never as common as the GOOD games.
#23SkittyOnWailordPosted 1/14/2013 10:56:33 PM
At TC. If someone says that then I just reply "The 3DS is a first person shooter? I didn't know that." and they usually can't think of any response to that. XD
---
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
/)*(\
#24Stefan1277Posted 1/14/2013 10:57:28 PM
tallgeeseIV posted...
Someone who is so concerned with such a trivial thing is either a kid themselves or has the mentality of one.

---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)
http://colorslive.com/author.php?page=1&id=38434
#25SpaceOddity87Posted 1/15/2013 12:58:22 AM
Nintendo's had a reputation for making products for children as long as I've been on the net, and I've always maintained that they make games that are appropriate for children but intended to be played by all. There are honestly very few games that are truly marketed towards adults, anyway. Graphic violence being synonymous with "mature" in the video game lexicon is perhaps this art form's biggest stumbling block to being taken seriously. I think if that's what someone means by the system lacking adult games, then they have a fair point as there aren't many violent action games for the system, but it's not a huge detriment at this point in the system's life cycle.
#26NemerlightPosted 1/15/2013 4:24:38 AM
Not sure if people would even care about it. I guess game developers would if they target specific age though.
---
http://bitsandpieces.us/2011/03/25/a-well-written-police-report/
#27AllaudeenPosted 1/15/2013 4:56:18 AM
I may be in a body of an 18 year old but I have a brain of 5 :D
#28DarthLaharlPosted 1/15/2013 5:10:25 AM
"Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

- C.S. Lewis
---
---
PSN: Unretributed
#29guedesbrawlPosted 1/15/2013 5:20:44 AM
lavos456 posted...
If playing 3ds is for children I don't wanna be an adult

---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#30SoeroahPosted 1/15/2013 5:45:49 AM
IDGAF. Most of the time people who use 'for kids' as an insult are either insecure with or overestimating their own maturity. There was a thankfully brief moment in my teen years where I fell into the trap of thinking 'kiddy' stuff was bad, but now I play/read/watch whatever the heck I want, instead of whatever I get told is popular. If a game I like happens to be popular with 'my demographic', so be it. That's not how I determine a game's worth.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.