Your opinion on generalization regarding "3DS and it's games are just for kids!"

#31parkourboybryanPosted 1/15/2013 6:37:34 AM
The 2 Exclusive RE titles and multiple fighting games for it show that there is a market for more than just children.
---
One of the proud people that still plays Mirror's Edge to this day.
Not changing my sig until DICE officially announces Mirror's Edge 2
#32zinformantPosted 1/15/2013 7:04:00 AM
VLR is NOT for kids. Try talking to anyone under the age of fifteen, unless they're a science nerd, about Schrodinger's cat. Oh, boy...
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
For more info: http://www.worldofys.com/yso/
#33jestersoupPosted 1/15/2013 8:59:58 AM
My nephew started playing GTA when he was five, so what the hell is a "kid's game," technically? It was once common for systems to aim at all ages and I don't see that as a bad thing now. Those pathologically insulting Nintendo fans need to grow the f*** up.
---
3DS FC: 5155-3461-5000
Name: Jester
#34Kaze_MemaryuPosted 1/15/2013 9:04:39 AM
aamot posted...
/Topic.

---
"Evil, beware. We have waffles..."
- Raven, Teen Titans
#35MarsfordPosted 1/15/2013 9:16:35 AM
Ignorant people say ignorant things?
---
"but if you're the kind of person who thinks that anything with primary colors is for kids than nothing will change your mind." - Arucard05
#36DavCubePosted 1/15/2013 12:25:35 PM
jestersoup posted...
My nephew started playing GTA when he was five, so what the hell is a "kid's game," technically?

Well, that's another situation entirely because those games really AREN'T for kids. At least not ones nearly that young. You might want to have a talk with your siblings about what their child asked them to buy.
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube
#37bleedingelitePosted 1/15/2013 12:43:21 PM
A long time ago, I saw an old black man with white hair in a coffee shop playing Oot on a 3ds. He didn't seem to give a f***, and I think that's how the rest of us should feel too.
#38JoeBudden42Posted 1/15/2013 12:57:21 PM
bleedingelite posted...
A long time ago, I saw an old black man with white hair in a coffee shop playing Oot on a 3ds. He didn't seem to give a f***, and I think that's how the rest of us should feel too.

lol definitely. me and my buddy bring it to Margaritas sometimes, we have some drinks and play Mario Kart or Tetris or something. No f***s are given, and we have a blast.
---
Canibus is the Greatest Rapper of All Time.
#39DemonBuffetPosted 1/15/2013 12:59:40 PM
You guys have to realize the the target audience for the 3DS is children. So the public will generalize the 3DS as a child's play thing, or "Gameboy".

But that doesn't stop the 3DS from getting awesome games that can be enjoyed at any age.

This board is really insecure about 3DS and the image portrayed for the public if wielding one of these.
Get over it and enjoy the 3DS, either in the privacy of your space, or if you wish, play it in public. Just expect the public to possibly judge as immature. Can't do anything about an ignorant society now can we?
#40thedicemasterPosted 1/15/2013 1:32:01 PM
the target audience is not children, it's everyone.
1st party games are mostly designed to be colorful and funny for children, but still able to provide a good challenge for mature gamers.
if it was really aimed purely at children the games would be a lot simpler.