Dear Nintendo...

#1Vs1991Posted 1/14/2013 9:01:38 PM
Why does your charger only support one type of voltage? I'm going on a trip overseas and now have to buy third party charger so I can use it there. A certain other handheld's charger works with any voltage.

Why does the 3DS have region lock? If during my trip I want to get a new game, I can't. A certain other handheld is region free.

2 major flaws in a system that is portable.

I am disappoint Nintendo
#2Omni PotentPosted 1/14/2013 9:03:41 PM
I'm pretty sure most electronics require a different charger when used in other counties. I could be wrong though I haven't been outside the states.
---
idunnowhoiam112
What will be,will be.
#3aamotPosted 1/14/2013 9:05:52 PM
Yeah, the region locking is a pretty big flaw. With so many people importing DS titles (and several releases being Japan-exclusive), it's a pretty big middle finger to 3DS owners. As for the charging issue, I don't think many electronic devices come with region-free voltage.

I have no idea, though, because I've never been overseas.
---
"I dare you to make less sense."
#4Chenmaster2Posted 1/14/2013 9:06:54 PM
Region Locking is there for an economical reason ...
---
Pokemon Black FC: 2451-4503-4086
Monkey Hug! XP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu9-I3AMu0g
#5iMURDAuPosted 1/14/2013 9:07:26 PM
We all know that Nintendo implemented their policy of region lock due to "original sin". That of course was everyone cheating by holding A and pressing start to continue where they died in SMB back in the NES days. Miyamoto will never forgive us for that. Fast forward almost 30 years and we still suffer for the sins of the past. You don't even want to know what you've caused by visiting Top Secret Area in Super Mario World...trust me.
---
"I'm saying people outside GameFAQs didn't care when Mega Man Legends 3 was cancelled." horror_spooky
3DS FC: 1977-1514-4983, PM if you add me
#6Lord_FroodPosted 1/14/2013 9:18:44 PM
Chenmaster2 posted...

Lol that's such a lie. A sale is a sale.
---
Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said oh no!
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#7Chenmaster2Posted 1/14/2013 9:20:37 PM
Think about it ...

really.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 2451-4503-4086
Monkey Hug! XP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu9-I3AMu0g
#8Xenesis XenonPosted 1/14/2013 9:22:20 PM
Lord_Frood posted...
Chenmaster2 posted...

It's more like a sale vs a sale at a 50-100% markup.

OP: Buy one of those USB chargers. They're awesome for this sort of thing.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#9Starwars4JPosted 1/14/2013 9:22:47 PM
Lord_Frood posted...
Chenmaster2 posted...

Yeah, prices are equivalent across all regions! Places like South America and Australia never get screwed over, because their game prices are reasonably adjusted to our own!

You're so smart, Froody
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#10Xenesis XenonPosted 1/14/2013 9:28:23 PM
Starwars4J posted...
Yeah, prices are equivalent across all regions! Places like South America and Australia never get screwed over, because their game prices are reasonably adjusted to our own!

You're so smart, Froody

Fun fact.

I, as an Australian have not paid more than $35 for a PS3 game simply because it is region free. If it were region locked, I would likely have bought only one or two games to date because local RRPs are $80-120 for console games. PS3 and Xbox games are around the board cheaper because of the region free nature.

Yet, I can't find Nintendo 3DS games for under $50 most of the time.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.