I need a new game.

#1DirtBasedSoapPosted 1/14/2013 11:18:19 PM
I'll rate the games I already own to give you an idea of what I like.

OoT3D: 10/10 (it was my first time playing the game)
SM3DL: 9/10
Mario Kart 7: 9/10
Resident Evil Revelations: 8/10
Kid Icarus: 8/10

I was looking into Paper Mario, but everyone I asked said it was terrible.
---
The universe works on a math equation that never even ever really even ends in the end
#2DynamicJumpIuffPosted 1/14/2013 11:18:38 PM
Bonetown
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#3DirtBasedSoap(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 11:21:43 PM

i am offended
---
The universe works on a math equation that never even ever really even ends in the end
#4JoeHigashi2000Posted 1/14/2013 11:23:34 PM
I think I saw it $10 off recently somewhere. Think it was best buy or Toys R Us...
---
GT: J03HIG45HI PS3/Vita: JoeHigashi2000 3DS: 0817-3804-7210
#5SquareSidePosted 1/14/2013 11:24:51 PM
Try to hold old out for Fire Emblem: Awakening?
---
PSN XBL n'' - SquareSide
True 3DS Ambassador. Not a scrub who came in late and saved a buck.
#6DarthFloatyPosted 1/14/2013 11:24:52 PM
People call it the worst Paper Mario, but it still gets pretty praised. Worst of a great series doesn't mean bad.

Otherwise, if you never played Star Fox 64 (as I hardly did), I'd think it's a great game to try.
#7moogle69Posted 1/14/2013 11:34:34 PM
Tales of thwarted abyss and kingdom hearts 3d
---
3DSXL FC: 0087-3600-6980, PSP/PS3 PSN ID: snoteat01 WIIU ID: Chaosking
Currently playing: Xenoblade, SMG2, Dissidia012, Radiant H, TOTA3DS, R&CHD, OkamiHD
#8HowieT85Posted 1/14/2013 11:47:49 PM(edited)
Paper Mario Sticker Star is still an extremely fun game. Most of the complaints comes from the fact that it has some rpg elements stripped away (experience points/leveling up) and replaced with other elements (collecting stickers for your skills/attacks and hp upgrades scattered around).

You do still have progression in the game, your field attacks get stronger as you get more hp (hammer/jump will eventually start to completely kill early enemies) and you open up more skills/attacks as you move along. The progression just isn't as immediately obvious as if it were tracked on a bar with numbers attached. Instead it offers a seamless gameplay experience that's still as long as you'd expect from an RPG (less grinding more sticker collecting/saving).

Some critics complain about being able to get strong attacks early in the game by abusing upgrades. But the thing with that is if you use it once it'll be gone. So those attacks aren't exactly game-breaking (won't even make bosses easy). Plus, it's only upgraded versions of your basic skills, there's many more that appear as you move through the game.

Collecting stickers for your attacks isn't as tedious as it might seem at first. It isn't too different from just collecting coins in any other Mario game. All in all the game flows very well.

Beyond collecting stickers instead of leveling, much of the rest of the game plays out like any other Paper Mario game. I'd give it an 8 or 9/10 and say it's as good as the other Paper Mario games (and Super Mario RPG for the SNES if you wanna count that).
---
"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night."
#9aamotPosted 1/15/2013 12:36:33 AM
I loved (and tonight finished) Paper Mario Sticker Star. It's really a lot of fun. I imagine you'd like it based on your RPG taste and enjoyment of SM3DLand. Paper Mario has quite of bit of paper platforming, enemy evasion, and really well-crafted 3D levels.

Otherwise I'd recommend Tales of the Abyss based on that Zelda score. TotA is an action RPG.
---
"I dare you to make less sense."
#10NinjaKitsunePosted 1/15/2013 1:09:48 AM
I'll throw in my recommendation for Tales of The Abyss as well. I bought it semi-recently and it's awesome.
---
If you see this, something broke gamefox