Nintendo should launch a 480p model

#11RazieruPosted 1/15/2013 12:21:26 AM
DarthFloaty posted...
Well I have enjoyed the 3D effects, I would have preferred a 480p screen and no 3D in the first place. It's doing very well right now, and I still really like it, so I'm hoping it gets an redesign with a nicer screen eventually. Really, that's the systems weakest link IMO.

If they make another one (which they will inevitably), it needs to greatly make up for the pathetic brightness AND sound quality on the 3DS XL; along with its Fisher Price-esque build. That alone will greatly convince me to get a 3DS; let alone take one seriously.
---
So....New Super Mario Bros. 2 wasn't released as FREE DLC for New Super Mario Bros.?!
#12DarthFloaty(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 12:26:52 AM
Razieru posted...
DarthFloaty posted...
Well I have enjoyed the 3D effects, I would have preferred a 480p screen and no 3D in the first place. It's doing very well right now, and I still really like it, so I'm hoping it gets an redesign with a nicer screen eventually. Really, that's the systems weakest link IMO.

If they make another one (which they will inevitably), it needs to greatly make up for the pathetic brightness AND sound quality on the 3DS XL; along with its Fisher Price-esque build. That alone will greatly convince me to get a 3DS; let alone take one seriously.

The build quality, from my experience (used brothers 3DS basic) is alright, but not fantastic. The brightness has never bugged me, but I do see where you're coming from (is the XL less bright?). And the sound quality on the XL, from what I've read, does seem to be it's weakness.

Of course, all these things are nothing to me as I love the games Nintendo offers. While it's not my ideal, it works. That's all I ask for. 480p is just my secret wish, although high-quality speakers are second.
#13strongo9Posted 1/15/2013 1:03:22 AM
Starwars4J posted...
Not possible, you don't want to fragment the userbase by making an older model obsolete after all. And at that small screen size, you really think the small jump you're talking about would be noticeable?

480p, being exactly twice the resolution of 240p, wouldn't be noticeable at all. Current 3DS games would upscale perfectly to the higher resolution. Old games would upscale without notice and new games would run at 480p. It's like that with consoles and PCs. I was hoping that the 3DS XL would have a higher resolution, but it didn't unfortunately.
---
Want Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Rayman Legends, and Bioshock Infinite.
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m