Fire Emblem Demo drops Thursday! Who here is excited as hell?

#31iloveheavyrain(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 1:30:08 AM
Don't need demo to buy it either. However, I want to play it 2 weeks for free before I can buy it (and will not buy this digitally, as digital is crapping your money down the drain!)
---
ZombiU is Game of the Year 2012
#32BigDaddyWingnutPosted 1/17/2013 5:32:13 AM
I'm going to d/l the demo, but I'm not that excited about it. The only FE game I've played was my Ambassador Sacred Stones and I didn't like that game AT ALL. Hopefully this demo will change my mind about the series.

By the by, what's the difference between an SRPG and a tactical RPG? I love games like FF Tactics and Disgaea. Just curious.
---
3DS:1547-5206-2758 (Wingnut)
A man is incomplete until he gets married. Then he's finished...
#33AlavardPosted 1/17/2013 5:43:36 AM
I need to read this board more often. Didn't realize there was a demo coming. Might be able to squeeze it in between some of my backlog before the game proper comes out.
#34AlmostUnsanePosted 1/17/2013 9:19:19 AM
BigDaddyWingnut posted...
I'm going to d/l the demo, but I'm not that excited about it. The only FE game I've played was my Ambassador Sacred Stones and I didn't like that game AT ALL. Hopefully this demo will change my mind about the series.

By the by, what's the difference between an SRPG and a tactical RPG? I love games like FF Tactics and Disgaea. Just curious.

Sacred Stones is a black sheep, almost unanimously considered the worst officially-released English entry in the series. I've no clue if Awakening will repair it in your mind, but yeah.

SRPG vs TRPG are basically synonymous. If you dig down into the etymology, though, Tactical is FFT/Disgaea/FE and such, where you have a force and individually control one unit at a time in small-scale battles. Strategy would be like...uh, Risk? I dunno an example, but a game where you control squads as a whole instead of individuals. Would be more focused on picking which battles to avoid instead of deciding how a battle is played out.

"Tactics" = To utilize specific resources to achieve sub-goals that support the defined mission.

"Strategy" = To identify clear broader goals that advance the overall organization and organize resources.

(Source for definitions: http://www.web-strategist.com/blog/2013/01/14/the-difference-between-strategy-and-tactics/)