Square Enix teases Final Fantasy

#31Lord_FroodPosted 1/15/2013 6:41:18 AM
>iOS games
>big name publishers

Why did this ever happen?
---
Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said oh no!
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#32Siara_SedaiPosted 1/15/2013 6:44:52 AM
Why 'tease' a title that nobody wants or asked for and only release it for a button-phobic, watered down OS with a dumbed-down interface? sigh.

On a brighter note, Final Fantasy Dimensions was finally released for Android OS and it's fantastic, proves that Square's still got some magic left up their sleeves.

But Android users are still waiting for the Final Fantasy IV re-release. :(
---
That world are square.
#33GloryChaosPosted 1/15/2013 6:45:13 AM
This isn't really a new thing. Square doing mobile games, I mean. How long ago did Final Fantasy VII: Snowboarding come out?
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#34obishawn(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 6:59:08 AM
Tablets are trendy, people just have to have one. So, there's a market here, Square is looking at the money they can make by making games for iOS.

Why didn't they bring the PSP versions of FFI, II and IV to the 3DS? (Yes, I know the DS was the first to get the wonderfully done FFIV remake, but the PSP FFIV is different and has The After Years).
---
Winter is coming
#35nonexistingheroPosted 1/15/2013 7:04:35 AM
GloryChaos posted...
This isn't really a new thing. Square doing mobile games, I mean. How long ago did Final Fantasy VII: Snowboarding come out?

Problem is that the handhelds are getting shafted now instead.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#36JohnwaltPosted 1/15/2013 7:15:15 AM
PLEASE BE A REMAKE OF 6 ALREADY D:
---
May the odds be ever in your favor!
#37Lord_FroodPosted 1/15/2013 7:20:25 AM
GloryChaos posted...

I'm going to assume that your post was directed at mine. I know they've been doing it for a while, but like nonexistinghero said, it screws over dedicated gaming platforms. If it was a universal release, I wouldn't complain, but I'm not going to rush out and upgrade my 3GS to a 5 or buy an iPad just to play FF. If anything, SE is hurting themselves.
---
Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said oh no!
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#38Kaze_MemaryuPosted 1/15/2013 7:25:42 AM
Grand_Blue posted...
Why do you all hate iOS? I like both Nintendo and Apple.

I don't hate iOS, I just have no use for smartphones.
But from a gaming standpoint, it's understandable. Even big dev's like SE only produce half-ass games on iOS that simply insult the community with boring gameplay, wacky pseudo-plots (or none at all) and short length - just look at Capcom's take at MegaMan for iOS.
And FFD didn't convince me to trust them on this one, either...
---
"Evil, beware. We have waffles..."
- Raven, Teen Titans
#39Toadster9001Posted 1/15/2013 7:26:16 AM
iOS exclusive
---
Brothers Obscura
#40Oxo_64Posted 1/15/2013 7:29:00 AM
I think it's best to consider this another iOS game unless Square says otherwise.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1717 - 5353
PSN: Oxo-64