Square Enix teases Final Fantasy

#81monsterlord-18Posted 1/15/2013 1:07:44 PM
well, we'll find out in 2 days.
#82Haseo18615Posted 1/15/2013 1:31:50 PM
Grand_Blue posted...
Why do you all hate iOS? I like both Nintendo and Apple.

I don't hate iOS (I've got two iOS devices for school-related stuff), I just don't see it as a viable gaming platform. I'm okay with quick on-the-go type games like Cut the Rope, Temple Run, etc. but ports of classic games generally suffer due to the dreaded virtual d-pad or other touchscreen controls. Zero tactile resistance, where the mind should never have to wander. It completely ruined the iOS versions of Sonic CD, Duke Nukem 3D and Mega Man X (although that one had a lot more problems) for me.
---
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?-envoyofuno
#83KGTriggerPosted 1/15/2013 2:39:18 PM
sythierius posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
REALLY looks like ffvi

You both have terribly eye sight.
---
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089; Steam: Joben
#84Retroxgamer0Posted 1/15/2013 2:46:27 PM
more ppl getting their hopes up for no reason so they can take it out on square enix. grow up.
#85Bancario51Posted 1/15/2013 3:21:31 PM
Teasing an ios port again?
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#86ToastyAnakinPosted 1/15/2013 8:58:09 PM
If this is an IOS high res port of FFVI and FFV then we may eventually see them on handhelds.

FFIII IOS got ported to psp.
---
"if gears can be done on the 360, than any game can be done on the 360" (Wisdom_Cube) "I am the content doesn't inst rest me yet"(theroc500)
#87GoldenJoe24Posted 1/15/2013 9:25:41 PM
More trash from Square. Move along, nothing to see here, people.
#88Koi_TenchiPosted 1/15/2013 10:51:23 PM
Haseo18615 posted...
Grand_Blue posted...
Why do you all hate iOS? I like both Nintendo and Apple.

I don't hate iOS (I've got two iOS devices for school-related stuff), I just don't see it as a viable gaming platform. I'm okay with quick on-the-go type games like Cut the Rope, Temple Run, etc. but ports of classic games generally suffer due to the dreaded virtual d-pad or other touchscreen controls. Zero tactile resistance, where the mind should never have to wander. It completely ruined the iOS versions of Sonic CD, Duke Nukem 3D and Mega Man X (although that one had a lot more problems) for me.

I agree with this post completely. (Also, I've equally found Cut the Rope to be an amazing time waster.)

Basically, IMO, games that are made specifically for the features of the iOS device (tilt, touchscreen, etc.) like Cut the Rope and the like are absolutely fine. Ports from nearly any other old system though just feels weird in trying to use on screen controls. Even the ones that aren't ports feel weird. I don't think I've found a good platformer yet on iOS except for maybe some that use tilt controls. In short, I don't think iOS is BAD, it's just DIFFERENT. The poster I quoted hit it on the head.
---
It's a secret to everybody.
#89ParominPosted 1/15/2013 11:26:55 PM(edited)
Oh please regular turn based or active turn based RPGs don't require the most precise of controls. It's one thing to complain about a Megaman or Sonic game, it's another if we're just talking about FF.

I've played Chaos Rings on a 10" Tablet, and it felt perfectly okay.

And as far as virtual joysticks go, Dead Trigger is fine on a Nexus 7. It's obviously far better with a PS3 controller, but the game doesn't require me to have pin point aiming and quick reflexes that a controller/keyboard + mouse would provide.

Speaking of a controller and keyboard + mouse setup. People could be making this same argument about FPS's and controllers a few years ago. And look how that turned out.

And there are games like Infinity Blade which make good use of swiping controls or Epoch which makes a good compromise between shooters and the limitations of the touch screen.

Touchscreen gaming is here to stay. Live with the reality that more and more developers are seriously considering the iOS crowd (and slowly the Android users) as a market and worth their attention and effort.

---
Playing: Project Cross Zone, 2nd SRW OG
Waiting for: SRW 3DS
#90IHeartMetroidPosted 1/17/2013 7:42:55 PM
lol at the people who thought this wasn't crap. :P