Square Enix teases Final Fantasy

#91Genericgamer667Posted 1/17/2013 7:46:27 PM
oh square...how the mighty have fallen
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising
#92kakashik99992Posted 1/17/2013 7:48:26 PM
Paromin posted...
Oh please regular turn based or active turn based RPGs don't require the most precise of controls. It's one thing to complain about a Megaman or Sonic game, it's another if we're just talking about FF.

I've played Chaos Rings on a 10" Tablet, and it felt perfectly okay.

And as far as virtual joysticks go, Dead Trigger is fine on a Nexus 7. It's obviously far better with a PS3 controller, but the game doesn't require me to have pin point aiming and quick reflexes that a controller/keyboard + mouse would provide.

Speaking of a controller and keyboard + mouse setup. People could be making this same argument about FPS's and controllers a few years ago. And look how that turned out.

And there are games like Infinity Blade which make good use of swiping controls or Epoch which makes a good compromise between shooters and the limitations of the touch screen.

Touchscreen gaming is here to stay. Live with the reality that more and more developers are seriously considering the iOS crowd (and slowly the Android users) as a market and worth their attention and effort.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/01/17/psa-dont-buy-final-fantasy-all-the-bravest

Oh yeah great game I hope you are enjoying it
---
My pokemon run http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/150
#93Genericgamer667Posted 1/17/2013 7:50:22 PM
Paromin posted...
Oh please regular turn based or active turn based RPGs don't require the most precise of controls. It's one thing to complain about a Megaman or Sonic game, it's another if we're just talking about FF.

And as far as virtual joysticks go, Dead Trigger is fine on a Nexus 7. It's obviously far better with a PS3 controller, but the game doesn't require me to have pin point aiming and quick reflexes that a controller/keyboard + mouse would provide.

Speaking of a controller and keyboard + mouse setup. People could be making this same argument about FPS's and controllers a few years ago. And look how that turned out.

And there are games like Infinity Blade which make good use of swiping controls or Epoch which makes a good compromise between shooters and the limitations of the touch screen.

Touchscreen gaming is here to stay. Live with the reality that more and more developers are seriously considering the iOS crowd (and slowly the Android users) as a market and worth their attention and effort.

enjoying your pos game?
---
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising
#94ukokira1Posted 1/17/2013 7:52:18 PM
Sigh... a TWEWY 2 would be nice.
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.
#95ferofaxPosted 1/17/2013 10:17:20 PM
Not sure if anybody noticed this, but the prose text they used totally rips off of that Nostradamus Gangnam Style text.
---
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.
#96BuretsuPosted 1/17/2013 10:18:34 PM
jzp920 posted...
I really want it to be a full fledged VI remake, but it's modern square so there's a 90% chance it's going to be a hilariously overpriced iOS port.

Well, jzp920 won this topic.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#97Genericgamer667Posted 1/17/2013 10:19:42 PM
Buretsu posted...
jzp920 posted...
I really want it to be a full fledged VI remake, but it's modern square so there's a 90% chance it's going to be a hilariously overpriced iOS port.

Well, jzp920 won this topic.

it's even worse than that
---
#98ParominPosted 1/17/2013 10:54:59 PM
Considering I own an Android an not an iDevice, I can't even buy ATB if I wanted to.

But on a related topic, I'm enjoying Final Fantasy Dimensions and Chaos Rings Omega very much. And I'm eager for the Android version of FF IV DS. The graphics look so much better.
---
Playing: Project Cross Zone, 2nd SRW OG
Waiting for: SRW 3DS
#99CronoDynePosted 1/17/2013 11:20:59 PM
Paromin posted...

No, 2D birds-eye-view perspective games do not play fine with a virtual d-pad. They never have and never will. It's incredibly frustrating just lining up the character to do something. And games like Chaos Rings do control decent enough, except for one little problem.. your hands and fingers are blocking the field of view 100% of the time. That's a problem, whether your want to accept it or not.

And FPS titles STILL play better with a mouse and keyboard setup. What's your point, exactly?

Yes, there's some games that use what smartphones were designed for and make innovated, touch screen necessary games like Infinity Blade. Yay. And those can stay on the device. But games where you're required to use directional controls and buttons? No, those can stay on consoles with actual controllers.

iOS games are here to stay because.. why, exactly? Because one company decides to make a ton of short cash grabs every couple months or port their old stuff onto the system? I like some mobile games, and have had a blast with games like Swordigo or Aralon or Eternal Legacy. But you're crazy if you think anyone in their right mind wouldn't choose the console/portable counterparts of these games over the mobile ones. And you're crazy to think companies like SE, once great giants in the video game industry, should put all their eggs in the iOS basket. Mobile games are not the new age of gaming and not the wave of the future. No matter the game, the vast majority of gamers will always chose the gaming console over the phone.

Not to mention the obvious fact that nearly the entirety of the mobile game market consists of hastily slapped together casual games that require payment to do anything. Having to spend $32 just to get 2D sprites of classic characters is beyond ridiculous, but forcing players to buy revival items just so they can play the damn game is money hungry greed on a whole new level. There is nothing positive coming from ATB.
---
Goodbye Chewy. You were the best friend I could ask for. Rest in peace, buddy.
#100ParominPosted 1/18/2013 12:21:06 AM(edited)
No, 2D birds-eye-view perspective games do not play fine with a virtual d-pad. They never have and never will. It's incredibly frustrating just lining up the character to do something. And games like Chaos Rings do control decent enough, except for one little problem.. your hands and fingers are blocking the field of view 100% of the time. That's a problem, whether your want to accept it or not.

Good thing then that the virtual D-Pad can be spawned at any point of the screen. So if ever the character moves to a point on the map where they'll hide under a finger, use the other hand.

Also we're talking about RPGs, FF RPGs. What does it matter if your character runs under your thumb. The maps are simple.

Also lining up to do something? Never hand that issue in CR or FF Dimensions.

Oh and I've played FF V Advance on a Droid GBA emulator and didn't encounter any of those issues. Even FF VII did fine for the hour or two I played it to test the PS emulator, and since it was on an emulator the controls were obviously unoptimized for touchscreen play.

And you're crazy to think companies like SE, once great giants in the video game industry, should put all their eggs in the iOS basket.

Where did I say I think that SE should exclusively develop for Phones/Tablets?

Mobile games are not the new age of gaming and not the wave of the future. No matter the game, the vast majority of gamers will always chose the gaming console over the phone.

And... this matters how if SE develops and publishes games for consoles, handhelds, and tablets/phones?

---
Playing: Project Cross Zone, 2nd SRW OG
Waiting for: SRW 3DS