Should regular retail DS games be sold as downloads on the eShop?

#31LORD_LMAOPosted 1/18/2013 10:06:34 AM
xellos667 posted...
Problem is, DS titles work pretty much the same way DSiWare titles do. In which you enter the "DS" mode, where you can't access the Home menu without exiting the game. And because of that, I'm pretty sure that if they make them downloadable, that would mean that they would not be playable from the SD card, but only from the 1024 blocks internal memory. As you could guess, 1 DS games could surely almost fill the internal memory.

SO while it would be fun, if my theory is right, Nintendo just CAN'T do it, unless they first find a fix for making DSiWare titles playable from the SD card. So you can stop dreaming, it won't happen because the 3DS was not build that way. And Nintendo seems to have better things to do (obviously) than make a firmware update for playble DSiWare games from the SD card...

/thread

alot of guesswork in this post, no facts
---
"garfield64 has long beautiful hair that any sane woman would kill to have"
#32mabber_IIIPosted 1/18/2013 10:50:26 AM
yes, there are lots of games I missed because I sold my ds 4 years ago, and Im not ever taking kid icarus out of my 3ds
#33EnclavePosted 1/18/2013 10:52:11 AM
It's an absolutely horrible idea as long as Nintendo doesn't use an account based system.

See, it works on PSN because your games get tied to your account. That's simply not the case here.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.
#34Bass_X0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 11:17:51 AM
Enclave posted...
It's an absolutely horrible idea as long as Nintendo doesn't use an account based system.

See, it works on PSN because your games get tied to your account. That's simply not the case here.

Its really no different to the Virtual Console, DSiWare, eShop exclusivs and 3DS retail games already on the service.
---
"History always favors the victor at the expense of the truth." ~ Rook
#35EnclavePosted 1/18/2013 12:48:59 PM
Bass_X0 posted...
Enclave posted...

Its really no different to the Virtual Console, DSiWare, eShop exclusivs and 3DS retail games already on the service.

Exactly why I already know it's a terrible idea. Non-account based sales is absolutely horrible.

Say I buy Secret of Mana on the Virtual Console, why can I not bring it over to my 3DS? Why would I be forced to buy it all over again? What about if my Wii breaks down and I have to buy a new one? What then? Buy it all over again?

No, no, that's total BS. Nintendo will not get a penny from me from the eshop or virtual console until it's all account based rather than system based. How anybody puts up with it as it is blows my mind. Both Sony and Microsoft have their online stores account based, why does Nintendo get to rip people off so horribly without it horribly tarnishing their image? Hell, look at the crap Sony got when not every single PSP and PSX game on PSN worked on the Vita on launch and yet so many people give Nintendo a free pass for forcing you to buy the games all over again that you already paid for and also for having separate shops altogether for the 3DS and Wii which makes it so even if they were account based you'd still have to buy 2 copies to play them on both systems.

I'm sorry but nobody is ever going to be able to convince me that the way Nintendo went about their online stores was anything but horrible. Nintendo makes good games but they've always been complete garbage when it comes to anything to do with online.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.