Advance Wars 3DS: What would you change in the series?

#1GreenMan1986Posted 1/15/2013 9:06:49 AM
If they made one for the 3DS, how would you make it different than the previous entries? Here's mine:

-More variety of units!
-A story closer to DoR than the others
-No voice acting
-Battle scenes still in 2D but with more detail and better resolution
-3D weather effects on the overworld map and battle scenes (ie. snow, rain, fog etc)
-Multiple characters with their own units and stories
-Stat-advantages depending on how you situate your units

That's all I can think of for now. It's difficult to imagine an AW in anything other than 2D with a little 3D thrown in (ala NSMB2). I've seen Fire Emblem videos and I do prefer high resolution 2D battle scenes than the more pixelated 3D ones.

How would you envision Advance Wars 3DS?
#2CheBob55Posted 1/15/2013 9:09:52 AM
Right now any 3DS Advance Wars would be good enough for me. But if I had to be picky, I'd just have to ask for plenty of characters, plenty of unique units and abilities, and a ton of stuff to unlock, because I enjoy that. Oh, and a gazillion maps.
#3melchiahdimPosted 1/15/2013 9:10:07 AM
I think you pretty much covered what I would like to see.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0516-8714-1928
#4Kaze_MemaryuPosted 1/15/2013 9:17:46 AM
GreenMan1986 posted...
If they made one for the 3DS, how would you make it different than the previous entries? Here's mine:

-More variety of units!
-A story closer to DoR than the others
-No voice acting
-Battle scenes still in 2D but with more detail and better resolution
-3D weather effects on the overworld map and battle scenes (ie. snow, rain, fog etc)
-Multiple characters with their own units and stories
-Stat-advantages depending on how you situate your units

That's all I can think of for now. It's difficult to imagine an AW in anything other than 2D with a little 3D thrown in (ala NSMB2). I've seen Fire Emblem videos and I do prefer high resolution 2D battle scenes than the more pixelated 3D ones.

How would you envision Advance Wars 3DS?

Pretty much all you've said, but instead of more unit variety, I'd like to see multiple weapon types - of which only one can be carried by each unit at all times, i.e. they can't switch weapons or split up weaponry among their troop parts.
Other than that, a mission editor would be cool. Build a map (or take one already available), set the enemies' resources, mark specific units/places as 'targets/goals', add some dialouge to it and you can send it to everyone in your friend list!
---
"Evil, beware. We have waffles..."
- Raven, Teen Titans
#5Tempest717Posted 1/15/2013 11:25:42 AM
I'd like it to stay similar to DoR tbh, just balance the anti tanks, add in more units and COs. Also they should add a sniper infantry unit!
---
Official Cherry Garcia of the IDF
Official Lion Tamer of the NDF
#6BehaviorismPosted 1/15/2013 11:31:22 AM
are those games anything like shining force? I was OBSESSED with Shining Force 1 + 2
---
I'm not changing this sig until the St. Louis Blues win the Stanley Cup. Started: 1/7/13
Sarah McLachlan = greatest female musician ever
#7E-25Posted 1/15/2013 11:41:12 AM
Go back to the usual art instead of the style used in DoR. In fact, ditch most of what DoR did since it's only meaningful contribution was making the units slightly more balanced; the rest of it can go to the scrappy heap.
---
Where did you come from? Where do you go?
Where did you come from, demon-eyed Jho?
#8COAndyPosted 1/15/2013 11:41:50 AM
make the game harder. the only game with any real difficulty was the original AW on "advance campaign"
---
But you will remember this, a tragedy started with just one kiss http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/4185/groupshot2editedbwtext.jpg
#9randomshemsPosted 1/15/2013 11:45:08 AM
E-25 posted...
Go back to the usual art instead of the style used in DoR. In fact, ditch most of what DoR did since it's only meaningful contribution was making the units slightly more balanced; the rest of it can go to the scrappy heap.

This hated days of ruin but I played through it just cause I liked the series D:
#10danmiy12Posted 1/15/2013 12:09:38 PM(edited)
-a mixture of days of ruin and ds
-war room is back to dual strike <You can pick co again>
-remove many of the broken units in dual strike <black bomb>
-adjust the prices of many units to days of ruin prices <infintry costs 1500, anti air costs 7000>
-fix sea battles I think they can be done better...gunboats was a step in the right direction...
-leveling up of units like in days of ruin for killing enemies caps at +20% offense, and +20% defense after 4 kills...
-co power charge time is back to aw 2 speed...
-defense works like it did in advance wars 2..

-to compensate your co has lower base stats,espeically cos like

-grit < no +1 day to day range base ranged attack 100%>,
-colan gets the biggest nerf <remove his first co power gold rush <power of money is already good enough>...and base stats is 80% offense,
-hachi <remove all co powers but can buy units at 80% price>...
-kanbei gets nerfed too <100% attack and defense stats and weaken samurai spirit, but gets double bonuses for leveling up units thus vets have +40% offense +40% defense> still has the increased+20% unit costs...
-sensei gets nerfed too <co power generates 4 hp infintry,mechs on city>
-rachel super does only 2 damage per missle instead of 3...with her super...
-jess is back to her old aw2 self <she got an unneeded buff in ds that she didnt need>
-sonja is back to her old aw2 self <she was fine in that game>

some cos work well with only 1 co power they dont all need supers and regular co powers..and unit leveling system of days of ruin promotes trying to keep units alive for higher stats...
---
My 3ds FC:0989-1899-7615 pm me if you want to add me