I've been saving up for a Vita, but...

#1LonerwisePosted 1/15/2013 9:06:47 AM
I've been playing the PSP for the last few years now and was kind of interested in "updating" my handheld. Vita wise, I was really only interested in P4G and it just seemed so pricey to only be interested in one game, especially when I've played the original so it wouldn't even be a "new" experience. I completely forgot about the 3DS until I saw the new Pokemon games announced for it. Looking at the rest of the game library for DS and 3DS (LoZ, KH, SMT, FF, TWEWY, etc.) I have been swayed. I didn't really ever play the DS so that's probably better because now I've got the best of the DS library to look forward to because of the backwards compatibility. So that, plus the 3DS XL is cheaper and runs Netflix? I think I'm going to go with the 3DS XL over the Vita. I'm pretty excited to join you guys. So what are the must have gems of the DS and 3DS library so far?
#2Alias_NemesisPosted 1/15/2013 9:12:44 AM(edited)
okay! xD
---
PSN = Dudecough [Now playing : Farcry 3 (PC), Professor Layton:Miracle Mask (3DS) & P4:G http://i.imgur.com/Ui84Q.gif]
#3NettoSaitoPosted 1/15/2013 9:13:20 AM
Well just like to point out one thing. The Vita also runs netflix, but with a nice sharp crisp image. The 3DS' netflix is pretty blurry, and it doesn't support 3D.

Anyway the DS/3DS does have a nice library of games, so you would be getting more by buying a 3DS than a Vita. Although I do love my vita lol/don't regret getting it at all.
---
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] | Nintendo Network - [NettoSaito]
My Backloggery - http://www.backloggery.com/NettoSaito
#4kukingina2Posted 1/15/2013 9:14:29 AM
1. Resident Evil Revalations
2. Kid Icarus uprising
3. Super Mario 3d Land
4. Tales of the Abyss
5. Devil Survivor Overclocked
---
Anime is saved - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsWh8i9EY_U
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047
#5Kaze_MemaryuPosted 1/15/2013 9:20:12 AM
kukingina2 posted...
2. Kid Icarus uprising
3. Virtue's Last Reward
4. Code of Princess

Fix'd.
---
"Evil, beware. We have waffles..."
- Raven, Teen Titans
#6kukingina2Posted 1/15/2013 9:21:31 AM
^opinion but I respect that I liked those games too especially zero escape
---
Anime is saved - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsWh8i9EY_U
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047
#7ValzacardXPosted 1/15/2013 9:42:53 AM
Lol I was in the same boat. AC Vita bundle sales out, Pokemon announced, and then the FE bundle, is announced. How the hell could I resist. I still say you might want to still pick up a Vita later down the line, if the library interest you.
---
GT:Kahlilx77,
The internet, where common sense is a monumental achievement
#8derratePosted 1/15/2013 10:38:42 AM
Same thing TC. I have to travel between two cities constantly and needed something for when I'm away from my home theater. After doing some research I realized everything I want except 1 game I can get on my PSP and the 3DS has about a dozen games more interesting than anything coming out for Vita.

I love my PSP and am really just astounded how horribly Sony has failed to support the Vita. Everything about Vita screams ****ing awesome. Oh it can play PS2 games which is the best library ever assembled? Don't worry consumers, we'll screw this up by not releasing any of those games.
#9jovewolfPosted 1/15/2013 12:18:15 PM
Kaze_Memaryu posted...
kukingina2 posted...
2. Kid Icarus uprising
3. Virtue's Last Reward
4. Code of Princess

Fix'd.

Problem with #3 is that the Vita has an arguably better version of Virture's Last Reward (less prone to bugging out and multiple save slots)
---
"Don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you."
#10moogle69Posted 1/15/2013 12:30:48 PM
Soul sacrifice and it has a great online as well.
---
3DSXL FC: 0087-3600-6980, PSP/PS3 PSN ID: snoteat01 WIIU ID: Chaosking
Currently playing: Xenoblade, SMG2, Dissidia012, Radiant H, TOTA3DS, R&CHD, OkamiHD