I want a SMT pokemon game that is insanely dark and twisted...

#1mtjormitchPosted 1/15/2013 8:22:51 PM
I know... a dream. But still. I basically want is a ULTRA prequel that starts off with humanity just getting out of caves and making civilization. Until Areceus or whatever that God Pokemon is and starts creating pokemon on the planet where humanity has to fight back against the onslaught of super beings/animals which goes on for a thousand years until they start figuring out how to create technology as they fight pokemon just to survive.

Then, when it looks like things are totally messed up, have a local scientist figure out how to make pokeballs and basically bring the fight right to the leader pokemons. The ones that control reality and the ecosystems and the universe. So yeah... basically Strange Journey but with pokemon. It would be different yet awesome at the same time...

A MAN CAN DREAM CAN'T HE!?
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#2jovewolfPosted 1/15/2013 8:27:55 PM
Well there was Devil Children/Demi Kids. Which were, essentially, SMT in a more Pokemon style.

Interestingly the GBA ones had different stories for the two 'colours' - Light had the hero go to Valhalla and deal with a rebellion or something. Dark had the other hero (who would be the rival from a pokemon game I guess) start working for Lucifer to figure out why hell was getting torn a new time-hole.
---
"Don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you."
#3mtjormitch(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 8:31:37 PM(edited)
jovewolf posted...
Well there was Devil Children/Demi Kids. Which were, essentially, SMT in a more Pokemon style.

Interestingly the GBA ones had different stories for the two 'colours' - Light had the hero go to Valhalla and deal with a rebellion or something. Dark had the other hero (who would be the rival from a pokemon game I guess) start working for Lucifer to figure out why hell was getting torn a new time-hole.

Okay... those two games sound awesome. did they get American releases? Let me check.

Edit, just checked. They did but they seem rare... extremely rare.
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#4MetalLokiPosted 1/15/2013 8:31:49 PM
Someone post those Pokemon/SMT pictures that I keep posting.

http://megaten.mechafetus.com/src/1326792604539.jpg
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Lamia, Harpy, Centaur, Slime and Mermaid.....Next is?
#5jovewolfPosted 1/15/2013 8:34:50 PM
mtjormitch posted...

Edit, just checked. They did but they seem rare... extremely rare.

Well, you know, Atlus games.

Apparently the games also got an Anime of their own - though as far as I know the only place that got it outside Japan was Italy of all places.
---
"Don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you."
#6MwarriorHieiPosted 1/15/2013 8:53:06 PM
smt is already like a dark pokemon though
---
o.o
#7Solar_CrimsonPosted 1/15/2013 8:57:40 PM
I would love a Pokemon x SMT crossover, but I doubt it'll happen.

...Then again, who would have guessed a Pokemon x Nobunaga's Ambition crossover?
---
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson - My Backloggery
The official Okuninushi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#8Sir_HaxorPosted 1/15/2013 9:01:23 PM
MwarriorHiei posted...

Switch that. Pokemon is a lighthearted SMT.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0559-6940-0140
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#9MwarriorHieiPosted 1/15/2013 9:42:25 PM
MwarriorHiei posted...

Switch that. Pokemon is a lighthearted SMT.

TC was asking in terms of SMT. so that means SMT is a dark pokemon.
if he wanted a pokemon like smt, then i say that pokemon is a lighthearted smt.
---
o.o
#10KneekickerPosted 1/15/2013 9:58:15 PM
Solar_Crimson posted...
I would love a Pokemon x SMT crossover, but I doubt it'll happen.

...Then again, who would have guessed a Pokemon x Nobunaga's Ambition crossover?

If there was a crossover it would probably be Pokemon X Persona.

"My Rattata is the top percentage of all Ratatas!"
...You can feel a bond forming between you and Youngster Joey,
You can now fuse Rattata of the Annoying Kid arcana.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6117-3933 PSN: ansonip2000
Official Take-Mikazuchi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.