Geez! The Circle Pad Pro is a GODSEND for Resident Evil!

#21IHeartMetroidPosted 1/16/2013 2:12:51 AM(edited)
"anyone will tell you i suck at games"

(Zoidberg Voice): Hurray!

"Perchance did you ever play Peace Walker on PSP?"

Yes. I immediately changed the controls so that the analog stick moved the character and the Dpad moved the camera, while the buttons were the standard MG actions, and I never had any troubles at all after that.

MGS3D doesn't let you do that. You're stuck with that one stupid control setup no matter what. I love MGS, but they screwed up a few things with MGS3D, they really did.
#22IChangedMyNamePosted 1/16/2013 2:09:54 AM(edited)
Truthfully, I felt the CPP didn't add anything for me.

It was actually less convenient, maybe its because I got used to not have a second nub but w/e the case the CPP IMHO is a POS that has no use to me and probably never will.

EDIT: Unless its eventually forced on me.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#23jumper1234Posted 1/16/2013 2:22:40 AM
I honestly dont mind the normal controls, as I finished the game no problem and is my favorite 3DS game. MGS: 3D seems like it would need the CPP more than RE: R, as MGS: 3D has difficult to master controls.
---
Waiting for: Terraria (XBLA)
3DS FC: 3652-1930-9604 (PM me your fc if you add me)
#24J_Can_ManPosted 1/16/2013 2:52:54 AM
Quote:J_Can_Man posted...
Quote:So it's safe to assume that you have never played RE before RE5.

Except that 5 didn't allow movement while aiming like RE:R does. The second analog really enhances the controls, and after slapping it on, I've yet to play it without it. RE 4 and 5 controls are perfectly fine, but it limits you somewhat overall.

Without it, in order to walk and aim you have to lock the reticle in one place, or use the gyro, which is god awful to me.

All in all, it was implemented very well, but a large amount of people are vehement about its existence on this board, which is just lolworthy.

Except it doesn't really enhance the controls. You move very slowly while aiming. This can give you a slight advantage while fighting those enemies who shoot projectiles, since you can walk aside if you're at a decent distance. And this also gives you a slight advantage when using charge shots.

It's still easy to play without those advantages though. If you can't, you're not good at the game in the first place.

I'm sorry, I just disagree strongly. You don't walk that slowly while aiming, and some of the crazier parts of the story mode felt a lot more manageable and enjoyable with full control of my character. Also, some of the crazier raid mode levels had crap tons of enemies swarming you at once, and not staying on the move could get you insta-killed pretty quickly.

It's absolutely not a requirement, but to me, it really unlocks the full potential of the controls and gameplay, and feels really good in my hands on top of that.

I personally like the setup better than the vita's tiny sticks, and kinda wish that they were a part of the 3DS to begin with. Then again, that's a tired and boring argument that I do not wish to rekindle.
---
You have no idea 'bout me...do you?
#25nonexistingheroPosted 1/16/2013 3:42:21 AM
I beat the final chapters of Raid mode on the hardest difficulty without the CPP, along with the ghost ship, because the battery it came with ran out. Didn't have any more trouble with it than normal. It only adds a little bit of convenience, IMO.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#26deimos91Posted 1/16/2013 1:13:53 PM
DemonBuffet posted...
Eh, I gotta tell you, I really skeptical about the CPP since I only have RE: Revelations and Kid Icarus to use it with, but it really has improved my experience with RE. I had RE collecting dust because I hated how frustrating it was to use the touch screen for a game that would handle so well with a simple additional analog. 20 bucks well spent!

the touch screen is only usee for items and menu,s you sure you got the right game
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#27deimos91Posted 1/16/2013 1:15:41 PM
DemonBuffet posted...
And I played 5, but I dreaded it from start to finish. It completely butchered the inventory system, took away the creepy atmosphere that was RE so awesome, and featured more explosions as if it were a COD game (which I'm not bashing, I love black ops, but not in my RE games)

4 wasnt scary either only those blinded by nostalgia think 4/5/6 are very different
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#28nonexistingheroPosted 1/16/2013 2:58:26 PM
4 was most certainly survival-horror for most of the game. It only felt less like it on the final chapters when enemies started wielding guns.
With RE5 it was only like that until the end of chapter 1.
RE6 doesn't seem to really have any of it.

So basically, it turned into an all-out action game after 4. And 5 & 6 just aren't as fun to play as 4.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#29esoteric42Posted 1/16/2013 3:16:13 PM
I prefer without.
---
3DS Friend Code: 4511-0481-8141