I like Fire Emblem games but the story needs to be a lot better...

#11EndgamePosted 1/16/2013 1:18:25 PM
really? the series has been raped to Hell since SUCKred Stones, and it's the STORY that needs to improve?!

story? the thing that ultimately doesn't matter in video games because every other medium has it, while gameplay can only come from video games?
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#12Lord_FroodPosted 1/16/2013 1:24:19 PM
Endgame posted...
really? the series has been raped to Hell since SUCKred Stones, and it's the STORY that needs to improve?!

story? the thing that ultimately doesn't matter in video games because every other medium has it, while gameplay can only come from video games?

Nuh-uh. Sports have gameplay.
---
Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said oh no!
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#13LightHawKnightPosted 1/16/2013 1:38:35 PM
I like the FE stories, they are not spectacular, but they are there. And the whole point of FE are the characters and support, which make up for a lot of story.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#14HellsingOrg(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 2:45:34 PM
well I think if the plot for each game was better that it would appeal to more people.
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#15BeastLeeAdamsPosted 1/16/2013 3:50:22 PM
FE:Path of Radiance and FE: Radiant Dawn was great.
#16Super SlashPosted 1/16/2013 4:12:30 PM
Endgame posted...

It doesn't matter if other mediums do it. Why does that mean video games shouldn't? And before you say it, no, a focused story doesn't mean the gameplay will necessarily take a hit. That's a stupid misconception. You can have both great gameplay and a great story. If you can have both, why shouldn't you?