I need to know who hires these guys at Gamestop!

#1tw1g_007Posted 1/16/2013 2:34:04 PM
*Goes into Gamestop*

Me: Just wondering when Fire Emblem comes out?

Employee: What's Fire Emblem? On what system?

I literally... yes.. I literally saw myself putting both hands to my face. Shook my head. Then I left the store lol.
---
MH will have to wait and why do most GameFAQ'ers in the 3DS board have sex with their 3DS?
#2Makeveli_livesPosted 1/16/2013 2:38:20 PM
It's a niche game on a handheld device. How would you expect anyone outside of the fans of the series or the device itself to know what it is?
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1292 6142 0263
3DS FC: 0087 2410 1340
#3TheGamingGolferPosted 1/16/2013 2:39:04 PM
I need to know who expects every person at Gamestop to know what Fire Emblem is.
---
Reggie for Super Smash Bros. 4!!
#4Sinful_DesirePosted 1/16/2013 2:39:23 PM
well,their employees dont require any gaming knowledge says so pretty boldly in their employment application.
pretty sad
#5ceedofevilPosted 1/16/2013 2:41:47 PM
It's your evil twin. He does it just to piss you off.
---
"I don't think this is funny. I wasted my time entering." -GameFAQ's new slogan.
#6mtjormitchPosted 1/16/2013 2:42:56 PM
Makeveli_lives posted...
It's a niche game on a handheld device. How would you expect anyone outside of the fans of the series or the device itself to know what it is?

Judging by the number one game on gamestops site for best preorder on 3DS... yeah... real niche...
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#7ryudin89Posted 1/16/2013 2:44:29 PM
1) Their boss hires them

2) Gamestop employees are not required to have any video game experience. It's right in the application.
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
http://fav.me/d3e91yr
#8mtjormitchPosted 1/16/2013 2:46:42 PM
ryudin89 posted...
1) Their boss hires them

2) Gamestop employees are not required to have any video game experience. It's right in the application.

Which is insanely dumb IMO... why go for a job if you know NOTHING about it!? It's like if I decided to become a Quantum physics scientist! I don't know that crap so why should I get the job then!?
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#9ryudin89Posted 1/16/2013 2:49:06 PM
mtjormitch posted...
ryudin89 posted...
1) Their boss hires them

Which is insanely dumb IMO... why go for a job if you know NOTHING about it!? It's like if I decided to become a Quantum physics scientist! I don't know that crap so why should I get the job then!?

I agree, it is dumb but who am I to tell them that they're wrong? They still make money even with stupid employees so they must be doing something right.....
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
http://fav.me/d3e91yr
#10SSJ4CHRISPosted 1/16/2013 2:51:50 PM
mtjormitch posted...
Makeveli_lives posted...

Judging by the number one game on gamestops site for best preorder on 3DS... yeah... real niche...

Employees in the store don't run the website. They don't have to know every game that comes out, either. If it's not in the gamestop computer, then they don't have too care about it at all. If it is in the computer, then you are at fault for being too lame to ask if them to check.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.