I need to know who hires these guys at Gamestop!

#111tw1g_007(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 9:17:48 PM
M4karov posted...
You guys realize they can just look this stuff up on the computer right? It doesn't matter if they know the game or not. Absolutely idiotic topic. Cashiers are there to sell you games, not to know about them.

Please don't disrespect them. They have qualifications beyond being a cashier and they should fulfill those qualifications to the tee. I expect excellent top notch service and when its not received I really don't waste anytime and move about my business.

My faith in GameStop was at the very least salvaged today. I asked the employee about whether the ultra rare "Dark Spire" game for the DS was available and shockingly enough he not only knew what Dark Spire was but proceeded to give me free copies of PSOne games that played very similarly to its genre. This is what you call a top-notch GameStop employee and not the sad excuse I met when making this topic.
---
MH will have to wait and why do most GameFAQ'ers in the 3DS board have sex with their 3DS?
#112danielmgPosted 1/18/2013 10:00:25 PM
Gamestop is not afun place to work. Good workers leave as soon as they can.
---
cartoondan.com
#113SakurafanboyPosted 1/19/2013 7:37:20 AM
tw1g_007 posted...
M4karov posted...
You guys realize they can just look this stuff up on the computer right? It doesn't matter if they know the game or not. Absolutely idiotic topic. Cashiers are there to sell you games, not to know about them.

Please don't disrespect them. They have qualifications beyond being a cashier and they should fulfill those qualifications to the tee. I expect excellent top notch service and when its not received I really don't waste anytime and move about my business.

My faith in GameStop was at the very least salvaged today. I asked the employee about whether the ultra rare "Dark Spire" game for the DS was available and shockingly enough he not only knew what Dark Spire was but proceeded to give me free copies of PSOne games that played very similarly to its genre. This is what you call a top-notch GameStop employee and not the sad excuse I met when making this topic.

GameStop is not a personal servant to you, King Tut. Its a 9 - 5 retail job that people get so they can pay their bills. To expect the m to rattle off all the games and their release dates on a whim is idiotic.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#114eadricsonPosted 1/19/2013 8:37:19 AM
What mental asylum did this kid escape from?
---
It's like there's a party on my monitor... and Geocities vomited all over it. - Buretsu on blingees
#115SakurafanboyPosted 1/19/2013 8:37:46 AM
eadricson posted...
What mental asylum did this kid escape from?

Arkham.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#116Koi_TenchiPosted 1/19/2013 1:27:08 PM
Sakurafanboy posted...
tw1g_007 posted...
M4karov posted...

GameStop is not a personal servant to you, King Tut. Its a 9 - 5 retail job that people get so they can pay their bills. To expect the m to rattle off all the games and their release dates on a whim is idiotic.

This.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if that employee was fired later that day.

Giving product to a consumer for free when he hasn't even made a purchase yet? If his managers heard, his ass would be out the door.
---
It's a secret to everybody.
#117Sir_HaxorPosted 1/19/2013 1:31:41 PM
LOL. Changed my mind, keep it up!
---
3DS Friend Code: 0559-6940-0140
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#118parKb5Posted 1/19/2013 2:05:17 PM
Koi_Tenchi posted...
tw1g_007 posted...
M4karov posted...

This.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if that employee was fired later that day.

Giving product to a consumer for free when he hasn't even made a purchase yet? If his managers heard, his ass would be out the door.

Yeah, any employee that gives away free merchandise should be fired. It is just as bad as stealing cash out of the register.
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 mii: Greg
#119n00bsaib0tPosted 1/19/2013 2:16:38 PM
I'm pretty sure Game Stop doesn't even carry PSone games anymore, and when they phase things out they have been known to give them away in the past. I got a few games for free when NES, SNES and Genesis were phased out a few years ago by simply waiting until the day they were taken off the shelves to be shipped away and asking about them.

And no one is expecting the employees to be able to rattle off release dates off the top of their heads, people are being ridiculous here. Having heard of a major series like Fire Emblem should be a prerequisite for getting a job at a gaming store, its that simple.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#120WordUpButterCupPosted 1/19/2013 2:19:45 PM
TheGamingGolfer posted...
I need to know who expects every person at Gamestop to know what Fire Emblem is.

It is a major release for a popular system.

I've never encountered a Gamestop employee who didn't know at least the release date for major games.
---
Posting from my Samsung Galaxy III
Android > iOS