I need to know who hires these guys at Gamestop!

#91drafterowarPosted 1/18/2013 3:42:41 PM
It's a retail chain TC. If you want knowledgeable employees, take your business to a local store. Also why not just check the damn internet, the thing you're using now?
---
"Are you AC or.....DC?"
#92DemonBuffetPosted 1/18/2013 4:56:26 PM
stargazer64 posted...
tw1g_007 posted...
@Dogscratch what is a former assist. manager at EB doing here to begin with? You are soooo full of **** its not even funny. Please kindly go **** yourself and get a life. Wow. I can't believe people resort to this just to prove a fallacious point. Damn.

If this post is serious then you just won the Dumb Post of the Day award. Congrats.

This!
I absolutely despise people such as the TC.
Dogscratch pretty much summed up the truth in his post. GameStop doesn't care about games, they care about the profit.
And TC has absolutely no grasp of how the real world and economy work.
I almost want to say he's 15 and hasn't worked a day in a his life.
#93ukokira1Posted 1/18/2013 5:17:24 PM
stargazer64 posted...
tw1g_007 posted...
@Dogscratch what is a former assist. manager at EB doing here to begin with? You are soooo full of **** its not even funny. Please kindly go **** yourself and get a life. Wow. I can't believe people resort to this just to prove a fallacious point. Damn.

If this post is serious then you just won the Dumb Post of the Day award. Congrats.

---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.
#94bcorneliaPosted 1/18/2013 5:19:20 PM
DemonBuffet posted...

I almost want to say he's 15 and hasn't worked a day in a his life.

Hell, I'd wager lower.
---
My old account got better.
#95Koi_TenchiPosted 1/18/2013 5:37:00 PM
I was going to take this topic seriously, but then I saw that TC didn't know when Fire Emblem comes out.

I literally saw myself putting both hands to my face. Shook my head. Then I left the topic lol.
---
It's a secret to everybody.
#96Merc123Posted 1/18/2013 5:53:58 PM
I don't expect the employees to know about every game, but i usually specify what system the game i want is on, like Yeah, when does Fire Emblem on 3DS come out?. If they asked me what Fire Emblem was after that....would kind of wonder about that.

I get more annoyed when employees don't know whats going on in there own store. For example i wanted to pre order Persona 3 Portable before it came out a few years ago. I knew it was a Niche title and they probably would not know about it, so i found the display case in the store advertising the pre order and took it up to the desk. I asked to pre order and they could not find it in the system. They asked me if i was sure it was available to pre order. I showed them the case i picked up and where it said, pre order today. They looked at me and asked me again if i was sure it was coming out and if it could be pre ordered. I started to get a bit irritated, and i could tell the employees could tell, since i had the freaking case in my hand, from there store.

Eventually a few minutes later they found it, and made an awkward laugh, knowing how irritated i was. Defiently the worst experience i have ever had in a gamestop.....well except one time when the manager told me the game i was buying sucked, even though i had played it before and enjoyed it, but he still tried to talk me out of it after i told him that.
---
http://www.facebook.com/MEmarauder - Marauder Shields Facebook page.
#97thompsontalker7Posted 1/18/2013 5:58:07 PM
Rideps1 posted...
When I went in to preorder FE, all the employees shouted "FIRE EMBLEM!" With glee.

High fives all around.

I think I just reversed your story....

Same thing happened today with me.

There was even a 40-something black lady who had a 3DS XL and was buying Skylander action figures, go figure.
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK THY HAND IN TV, DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!
#98parKb5Posted 1/18/2013 6:03:57 PM
datopgamer posted...
The main thing GameStop as a company wants is to sell games. They look for people to be likable as well as being able to talk to people...

Stop right there.

You have your answer,

If the people here at GameFAQs are any indication, gamers have absolutely no social skills and the last thing they are is likable and able to talk (pleasantly) to people.

"You REALLY want to buy "The World Ends With You?" What are you a weeaboo or something?"
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 mii: Greg
#99VivaLaRazaLHPosted 1/18/2013 6:07:45 PM
I got modded for speaking the truth. Grow up TC.
#100KogaSteelfangPosted 1/18/2013 6:50:19 PM(edited)
Koi_Tenchi posted...
I was going to take this topic seriously, but then I saw that TC didn't know when Fire Emblem comes out.

I literally saw myself putting both hands to my face. Shook my head. Then I left the topic lol.

Very good point.
He is ignorant of the subject himself(Despite clrearly having access to Gamefaqs that lists that very data), and then simply expects other people to have that same info memorized.

I've worked in retail before, and I can attest to the fact that customers are usually self entitled, highly opinionated, rude, self serving idiots who demand perfection from everyone except themselves. Not saying that's you TC, but it's unfair for you to set standards for others that you can't uphold yourself.
---
3ds FC: 0817-3909-5696. PSN Grindpantera.
If you add me, please send a PM with your code.