Holy crap Shinobi 3DS is brutal!

#1AncientAstroPosted 1/16/2013 8:19:13 PM
Reminds me of Ninja Gaiden on the NES. Any tips or tricks?
#2cadorPosted 1/16/2013 8:26:03 PM
Abuse the block and counter as much as possible and take it slowly. It is indeed brutal. Hope you enjoy it! I know I did.
---
"Corn-cob-man? There's a lot of sick people in this town."- Red Guy
#3AncientAstro(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 7:16:39 AM
I know how to parry which deflects the attack but how do you steadily hold a block or initiate a counter attack?
#4DarkIVloonPosted 1/17/2013 7:43:29 AM
Shinobi is the best game on the system
---
Gotta get em' all, shmupmon!
#5nonexistingheroPosted 1/17/2013 8:21:53 AM
You can't block, only parry.

Anyhow, some tips:

- Parrying is essential. You need to have great timing, but you can parry at almost any time.
- Parrying also gives you an extra jump if you do it in the air. So if you parry after double jumping, you can parry again.
- You only need to parry once to parry combos or bullet streams (probably already figured it out)
- Parrying gives you some invincibility frames
- After parrying, press forward + attack to do a counter attack. It's as powerful as a fully charged normal attack and I think you're invincible until after your attack has hit.
- Don't be afraid to use your ninja magic for hard parts. The lightning shield makes you invincible for a certain amount of hits. If you're hit, you won't be stagged or whatever. My personal favourite is the water magic. It makes you move much faster and jump higher.
- Jump kick is your friend. Learn how to use it in combat, it can save your life.

Also learn how to use your combos well. Don't bother going for high ranks during the normal single player mode. You can get them after you beat a mission by just going to mission select.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#6nonexistingheroPosted 1/17/2013 8:22:34 AM
Oh, and you can also watch videos on youtube. There's probably multiple videos for just about every part of the game.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#7cadorPosted 1/17/2013 5:28:31 PM
Ah yeah, sorry I meant parry not block. And nonexistinghero gave some pretty good advice and instruction on the counter slash. Also abuse the powered up shuriken whenever you have it and for as long as you can keep it.
---
"Corn-cob-man? There's a lot of sick people in this town."- Red Guy