With Terraria being ported to XBLA and PSN, I wish they would think of 3DS/Vita.

#11Lord_FroodPosted 1/17/2013 3:12:53 PM
valeski2236 posted...
Sinfullyvannila posted...
Minecraft and Terraria are about as different as you can get while still using the block-based procedurally generated world design.

Yet one was heavily influenced by the other, If I had the choice between the two I would probably always choose Minecraft. (I own both for PC and seldom ever play Terraria)

Its not to say Terraria is bad, it's great for what it is. It's just my opinion that Minecraft is better. (also considering the fact that Minecraft is still growing and evolving where as Terraria is pretty much finished and is really only being ported)

Yes, but if you'll notice, MC only got big into potions and enchantments after Terraria already did it. They hardly compete against each other, but you can't deny that each game copied elements from the other.
---
Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said oh no!
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#12valeski2236Posted 1/17/2013 3:20:04 PM(edited)
Lord_Frood posted...

Yes, but if you'll notice, MC only got big into potions and enchantments after Terraria already did it. They hardly compete against each other, but you can't deny that each game copied elements from the other.

I wouldn't say copy, I would say were inspired by because there was never any bad blood between notch or the dev team behind Terraria.

They weren't like "F*** you notch you stole that from us!" and so on.

Though interestingly enough it still sparked a fanboy war similar to the likes of Dayz vs Warz
which I guess fanboys will happen anywhere.