Has Nintendo gone back to hating the UK again?

#1poo111111111111Posted 1/17/2013 11:22:01 AM
After getting a handful of titles early like Xenoblade and Last Story it seems like Nintendo have randomly went from getting releases out within a week to months. Scribblenauts and Ninja Gaiden randomly went from being launch titles to being released 2-3 months later. A lot of other titles have done the same. Fire Emblem is a main one I'm noticing. Demo is up and the game is out next month. UK has no demo up and the game isn't even out until May.

I wouldn't even mind if they were translating it correctly but Ninja Gaiden seems unchanged (if anything it's got less content since Miiverse is restricted.)

So is there any reason why english games are once again taking a few extra months to go from America to UK? Or is it simply my imagination?
#2toad133Posted 1/17/2013 11:35:35 AM
Firstly, FE comes out in April, not May last I checked.

Secondly, why give us a demo now for a game not due to release for 4 months? Release it closer to the release date and it stirs interest, keeps it in the gaming eye there and then and drives sales. To do it too early would cause people to lose interest before the actual game came out.
---
Not changing this sig till Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is announced for VC.
Started: 16th of August 2008 13:27pm.
#3poo111111111111(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 11:46:20 AM
Yet why are we getting the game in April when America gets it in Feb? That is what I don't understand.

And I'm only going off what the shops are doing. Shopto has it for end of May. Amazon doesn't even have up for pre-order.
#4DeathSoul2000Posted 1/17/2013 11:52:14 AM
toad133 posted...
Firstly, FE comes out in April, not May last I checked.

Secondly, why give us a demo now for a game not due to release for 4 months? Release it closer to the release date and it stirs interest, keeps it in the gaming eye there and then and drives sales. To do it too early would cause people to lose interest before the actual game came out.

here's an idea - try releasing it at the same ****ing time. is it really that hard a concept?
#5rockyminPosted 1/17/2013 11:53:36 AM
Perhaps if more of you buy their new console, they will be nicer to you...
---
"you cant call it piracy if they wont sell it to you in the first place." -Fallenswords
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile
#6ceedofevilPosted 1/17/2013 12:02:29 PM
poo111111111111 posted...
Yet why are we getting the game in April when America gets it in Feb? That is what I don't understand.

And I'm only going off what the shops are doing. Shopto has it for end of May. Amazon doesn't even have up for pre-order.

There's a lot more languages to translate to.
---
"I don't think this is funny. I wasted my time entering." -GameFAQ's new slogan.
#7ramseanGoodbyePosted 1/17/2013 12:03:26 PM
rockymin posted...

Perhaps if they released a steady flow of games, people would buy the console.
#8DeathSoul2000Posted 1/17/2013 12:03:46 PM
ceedofevil posted...
poo111111111111 posted...

There's a lot more languages to translate to.

that didn't stop them when we got titles months earlier than america.
#9abbyhitterPosted 1/17/2013 12:05:45 PM
Cool down, TC. You got Kingdom Hearts 3D first.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#10GreenSF49Posted 1/17/2013 12:06:35 PM
ramseanGoodbye posted...
rockymin posted...

Perhaps if they released a steady flow of games, people would buy the console.

like wat?
---
Your Mom! [insert nike logo here]