3DS XL tint screen differences?

#1HibikiRushPosted 1/17/2013 12:05:56 PM
Does anyone have a 3DS XL with the screens having a closely matched tint? I bought one recently and just opened it, realizing the bottom screen is yellower. I'm still in the return period so am considering exchanging it. I did however hear that due to the non-reflective coating the top screen is a bit more yellow on the XL's.

I had a lot of issues with the original 3DS and had to go through 4-5 until I had one where it wasn't too noticeable of a difference between the top and bottom screens. I guess if others have a matched screen on the XL I might have to go through the same process...
#2SmokeCladKingPosted 1/17/2013 12:51:29 PM
Tap brightness, turn power saver off.

Yellow goes away.
#3HibikiRush(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 1:02:54 PM
Power saving is off by default on 3DS units. The lower LCD's display is far yellower in either mode.
#490sRetroGamingPosted 1/17/2013 3:47:36 PM
SmokeCladKing posted...
Tap brightness, turn power saver off.

Yellow goes away.

Gotta love how people always assume power saving mode being on is always the reason for the yellow tint, lol.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#5TendogamerxxxPosted 1/21/2013 8:09:21 AM
I've been saying this forever, tints are definitely different in each 3ds for example out of all 3 3ds's that I have all of the, have different brightness and sharpness levels. I think that by far the one with best resolution is the legend of Zelda 3ds which for whatever reason has an incredible amount of brightness and sharpness. It looks amazing! I've contacted Nintendo but according to the, they are the same. I know for sure they are not i have the proof right in front of me.