I'm sure this has been asked before, but why do demos have limited uses?

#1Super SlashPosted 1/17/2013 5:56:50 PM
I don't understand this decision at all. What's the point of it? It's not like I'm gonna play a demo 30 times anyway, but it's the principle of the matter.
#2EvilSock1990Posted 1/17/2013 6:01:29 PM
if you enjoy the demo enough to use up all of the uses.
you should just buy the game.
#3Super Slash(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 6:03:01 PM
Yeah but that's not the point. The point is that it shouldn't have limited uses in the first place.
#4iMURDAuPosted 1/17/2013 6:05:06 PM
You didn't pay for it so get over it.
---
"I'm saying people outside GameFAQs didn't care when Mega Man Legends 3 was cancelled." horror_spooky
3DS FC: 1977-1514-4983, PM if you add me
#5RazieruPosted 1/17/2013 6:10:14 PM
iMURDAu posted...

^ I love stupid responses like this. It makes it so easy to respond with something worthwhile.

Anyway TC, there never was a reason for them to limit a FRAGMENT of the full version of software. What Nintendo and all these people who defend such stupidity with dumb remarks like the above mentioned fail to realize is that whether or not they put such an idiotic limit on something like a damn demo, the person will make up their mind if they want to purchase the full game or not with or without that pointless limit.

Limiting something ALREADY LIMITED in nature won't help or hurt a person's decision to buy the full damn version, so why limit something so trivial at all?
---
So....New Super Mario Bros. 2 wasn't released as FREE DLC for New Super Mario Bros.?!
#6TransdudePosted 1/17/2013 6:12:34 PM
It's the amount of times the developers of the games wanted people to try out the demos
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS Friend Code: 2750-1600-2747
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#7Aura_SpherePosted 1/17/2013 6:16:33 PM
Transdude posted...
It's the amount of times the developers of the games wanted people to try out the demos

qft
---
Snort the ashes of fallen comrades and enemies alike
#8Nickcool1996Posted 1/17/2013 6:16:33 PM
One of the reasons I haven't gotten TFF is because I'm content with the unlimited demo tbh. Same reason why I didn't buy Scott Pilgrim vs. The World for some time.

...Or Cave Story (don't like playing stuff on my laptop).
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nickcool1996?feature=mhum
http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o451/Behiimosu/dickkick.jpg
#9confettistormPosted 1/17/2013 6:18:13 PM
Razieru posted...
iMURDAu posted...

^ I love stupid responses like this. It makes it so easy to respond with something worthwhile.

Anyway TC, there never was a reason for them to limit a FRAGMENT of the full version of software. What Nintendo and all these people who defend such stupidity with dumb remarks like the above mentioned fail to realize is that whether or not they put such an idiotic limit on something like a damn demo, the person will make up their mind if they want to purchase the full game or not with or without that pointless limit.

Limiting something ALREADY LIMITED in nature won't help or hurt a person's decision to buy the full damn version, so why limit something so trivial at all?

Have you actually used through all your uses on your demos?
Have you?
If you have, did you not buy the game?

Now close your mouth.
#10Sir_HaxorPosted 1/17/2013 6:19:31 PM
To prevent piracy. If people can't play the demo as much as they want, they will be forced to buy the game to replay those same demo sections over and over.

Makes sense? No? Well that's all I got.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0559-6940-0140
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board