I'm sure this has been asked before, but why do demos have limited uses?

#131EricFlyffMasterPosted 1/20/2013 12:29:56 AM
stop posting razieru u lost
---
im gonna be a poster like no one ever was before
#132BuretsuPosted 1/20/2013 12:36:49 AM
It would be nice if they didn't have limits. I don't see anything that's gained from having limits.

That said, I really don't care if the limit stays or goes.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#133RazieruPosted 1/20/2013 12:42:21 AM
pbandjames posted...
Razieru posted...
Yup; again I say, nice flat-minded and terribly ignorant "logic".

I just want to point out to you that the semicolon is to be used in joining two separate clauses together. As you do try to follow proper English writing conventions, this detail stuck out to me. You really just can't use a semicolon improperly; it's odd to do so. See, in that last sentence each part is a proper clause.

I'm not trying to be picky. It's just useful information.

On another note, I believe I skimmed over a part in this topic where you sold your 3DS. This isn't a jab at you, but why are you still on this board then? Are you thinking of picking one up later eventually? Are you holding out for something specific? I'm just kind of curious.

On topic, somebody should tweet or whatever at developers and ask them why they limit demos. Then there's actually something to discuss and debate, rather than these speculative thoughts that have been thrown around.

Duly noted with the semicolon thing. Anyway, I long since sold my 3DS after "testing" it. It doesn't impress ME, and if Nintendo makes one that corrects the horrid fallacies of the 3DS XL, I may reconsider their meaning of next-gen gaming with at least one more inevitable revision.

I just discuss all manners of truth I feel I need to, as well as say what needs to be said. That's ME. It's nothing I wouldn't do face to face with anyone. I'm just...."highly opinionated" like that.

Honestly, I see the Vita's wonderful tech and the 3DS XL's growing and superior library and can't help but to shake my head and wonder why that part of those systems isn't put together to make a REAL successor (imo) to the DS, as I never cared about them going the path of 3D, let alone the many sacrifices you have to make to migrate from DS to 3DS (battery life, DS game's visuals, etc.).

Ah well; that's my spill of it all anyway.
---
So....New Super Mario Bros. 2 wasn't released as FREE DLC for New Super Mario Bros.?!
#134AgitoXIIIPosted 1/20/2013 12:47:38 AM
Razieru posted...
iMURDAu posted...
You didn't pay for it so get over it.

^ I love stupid responses like this. It makes it so easy to respond with something worthwhile.

Anyway TC, there never was a reason for them to limit a FRAGMENT of the full version of software. What Nintendo and all these people who defend such stupidity with dumb remarks like the above mentioned fail to realize is that whether or not they put such an idiotic limit on something like a damn demo, the person will make up their mind if they want to purchase the full game or not with or without that pointless limit.

Limiting something ALREADY LIMITED in nature won't help or hurt a person's decision to buy the full damn version, so why limit something so trivial at all?

^
---
FINAL FANTASY XV
Please be a great game, we need you to be one.
#135_OdarpPosted 1/20/2013 12:48:27 AM
SMASHKING84 posted...
the onky time people play a demo and not buy the full game is if they hated the demo. companies think because there crappy shovelware like style savy sells badly it must be because the demo!

Hey! Shut your mouth Style Savvy is an excellent store management game! My GF has it on her 3DS and I'm amazed by how deep it actually is.
---
If I was Rick Astley I would randomly Rick Roll people in the street. Total ownage.
PSN: Pratypus
#136LightHawKnightPosted 1/20/2013 1:07:49 AM
How is this god damned stupid ass topic even still alive? There are freaks of nature that play a demo more than twice?! Is there even a point?!
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#137HorrorSindicatePosted 1/20/2013 2:31:53 AM
Nickcool1996 posted...
One of the reasons I haven't gotten TFF is because I'm content with the unlimited demo tbh. Same reason why I didn't buy Scott Pilgrim vs. The World for some time.

...Or Cave Story (don't like playing stuff on my laptop).

Funny. When I saw demos were limited on the 3DS I stopped bothering with the service altogether. I have plenty of games if Publishers wanna be weird like that I don't really need to buy their wares.
---
I've seen the future, baby: it is murder
#138VyersPosted 1/20/2013 2:34:01 AM
The point is that it's a limitation introduced by Nintendo that no one else uses. Nintendo used a model that assumes their consumers to be bamboozling them.
---
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Negative_Hippie
(one of the) Latest YouTube uploads: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YCQxHyo0UQ - Pokemon Snap, Part 1
#139iMURDAuPosted 1/20/2013 4:47:51 AM
Calls me a troll, doesn't own a 3DS, acts all kinds of butthurt, can't form any kind of rational point, told someone else all they did was call him a troll. Yeah I won.
---
"I'm saying people outside GameFAQs didn't care when Mega Man Legends 3 was cancelled." horror_spooky
3DS FC: 1977-1514-4983, PM if you add me
#140PaukenPosted 1/20/2013 10:17:50 AM
pbandjames posted...
Good God, this topic's devolved into a Jerry Springer episode over these limits.

I'll say it again: Nintendo's not the first service to limit demos. Steam also limits demos, but they do it with a timeframe limit, not a use limit. A timeframe limit is actually somewhat worse.

The industry is changing. The times where some of you listened to Blink-182 while playing the MediEvil demo from the latest issue of Playstation Magazine are over. Suck it up and move on.

I loved the CD demos; I wish we could go back to them. We can't. This is how the industry wants to play it now. It's unlikely to change. You might as well get used to it, because arguing about it on GameFAQs isn't going to do anything about anything.

Please stop spreading lies about Steam. I already told you that there are actual demos on Steam with no limits. Free Weekends aren't demos, they're the bloody full version available for the weekend. How is a time limited full version of a game a demo?