I'm sure this has been asked before, but why do demos have limited uses?

#151Baha05Posted 1/20/2013 6:38:40 PM
Honestly this is an almost none issue in a sense as long as we get demos with 30 use limits. And if say the demo is good and you actually plan on buying the game then the demo obviously did it's job.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich
#152RazieruPosted 1/20/2013 7:20:23 PM(edited)
MotiJr posted...
This is the stupidest argument I have seen in a long time.

It's more like your inability to comprehend it.

Anybody who argues that a limit is wrong and shows how bad Nintendo is, are fools.

Yet you aimlessly flail around like you're making any kind of point, but instead, it dissipates into a typical and emotional six year old name calling fiesta you seem to only know how to resort to for credibility.

The only reason you don't wasn't limits is because you're cheap.

* want

That's why you don't rush your incoherence. Patience is a virtue. It leads to less glaring and embarrassing mistakes when you're trying to troll so miserably like this.

At least admit it.

Not until you touch up your unreadable trolling "art". I can barely decipher the spelling, grammar, and "message" you're trying to say here.

If you can't decide that you wasn't a game after 30 tries then don't buy it. The fact that you try to justify your behaviour with some BS, claiming that it's your choice because it's your system etc. is pathetic.

It looks like you slept through the "logic" you just hastily typed with that justification you speak of.

They make the software, they decide on limits. Don't like it, don't play. It isn't that hard.

Again, some education pays off here. That way, you would come off as credible instead of some arse hurt and desperate boy scout defending what you speak of. Try from the top of this topic and truly READ what people have been saying instead of jumping in head first.

You're meant to be grown ups and yet you argue and contest every decision as if you have a valid point

I fail to see how your incoherent and horribly erroneous drivel rife with poor spelling and grammar are any different. This is assuming you're a grown up, too.

when really you're just a spoilt child who is throwing a tantrum because you can't have your own way.

*spoiled

There's that hiccup again. Yes, I'm going there seeing as how you are shooting off your mouth insulting people so angrily only to fire a lot of blanks.

There is not one valid point here starting why limits are bad.

My dear, it's clear you are NOT the one to be mentioning, let alone discussing, validity. Or did we miss the last 60 seconds of this asinine banter you just posted?

Just a group of cheap freeloaders trying to justify why a company should give them free access to their software without restrictions.

Just keep aimlessly wailing with this incoherent and asinine banter. It's sad you have to try so hard by adding insults to this self-inflicted injury of a response of yours.
---
So....New Super Mario Bros. 2 wasn't released as FREE DLC for New Super Mario Bros.?!
#153IHeartMetroidPosted 1/20/2013 7:55:14 PM
Good God, Razieru.

Do you actually believe anyone will read that?
#154McMarblesPosted 1/20/2013 8:07:37 PM
Razieru posted...
McMarbles posted...
When people talk about gamers' entitlement mentality, this is EXACTLY the kind of thing they're talking about. People thinking they're entitled to unlimited free demos... when they're really NOT EVEN ENTITLED TO DEMOS TO BEGIN WITH.

Since you all love to wail around with this almighty and flat-minded "logic", I'll do you one better: YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO THE AIR YOU BREATHE EITHER. But, yet you're supplied a natural air supply without LIMITS.

So, try some zero-dimensional comeback from that one, and step your standards up, bros.

Hint: Just because you're not "entitled" to it doesn't mean you have to be given it half-assedly, let alone not at all. So stop that bleeding heart ignorance. It is pathetic.

And I reckon the gamers supporting these devs financially is enough entitlement to lift something as stupid as a demo limit given to them at the very least; so, again, less ignorance and more education to all those who want to whine that ignorant and ancient "You're entitled to nothing" line.

After all, the customer is always RIGHT with that being said (see bold).

Your analogy is stupid and nonsensical. Nobody OWNS air.

Demos, however... effort goes into them. Labor goes into them. frankly, it's pure generosity that they even exist. This is a capatalist society, and the producers are under no obligation to give you free samples. They do it of their own goodwill.If they choose to limit it... so be it. In the end... you still got to try it for nothing.

Now, paid locked on-disc/cart content? There's no excuse for that. THAT is a breach of trust.
---
Currently playing: Tales of the Abyss
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#155McMarblesPosted 1/20/2013 8:09:39 PM
Vyers posted...
McMarbles posted...
LightHawKnight posted...
How is this god damned stupid ass topic even still alive? There are freaks of nature that play a demo more than twice?! Is there even a point?!

When people talk about gamers' entitlement mentality, this is EXACTLY the kind of thing they're talking about. People thinking they're entitled to unlimited free demos... when they're really NOT EVEN ENTITLED TO DEMOS TO BEGIN WITH.

ITP: "A sense of entitlement is worse than racism."

ITP: "I don't have an argument so I'll argue against something the guy never actually said."
---
Currently playing: Tales of the Abyss
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#156IHeartMetroidPosted 1/20/2013 8:11:06 PM
"Nobody OWNS air. "

You do know that's not true, right? Companies like PraxAir make quite the profit by taking air (and the components wherewithal), bottling it, and selling it to various and sundry parties.

Your statement is like saying "Nobody owns water" because there happens to be a rather large amount around where you live.
#157Baha05Posted 1/20/2013 8:12:52 PM
IHeartMetroid posted...
You do know that's not true, right? Companies like PraxAir make quite the profit by taking air (and the components wherewithal), bottling it, and selling it to various and sundry parties.

Your statement is like saying "Nobody owns water" because there happens to be a rather large amount around where you live.

No it's really true no one owns the air, just like no one owns water. The uses however are a different thing all together.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich
#158silenthill4vidPosted 1/20/2013 8:13:21 PM
yes, the limit on a demo is quite stupid really.
---
splinter cell: blacklist......the latest game series turned generic shooter.
#159IHeartMetroidPosted 1/20/2013 8:13:50 PM
"No it's really true no one owns the air, just like no one owns water."

And THAT is just pure crap. Don't think much before you type, do you?
#160Baha05Posted 1/20/2013 8:21:02 PM
IHeartMetroid posted...
"No it's really true no one owns the air, just like no one owns water."

And THAT is just pure crap. Don't think much before you type, do you?

How do you figure? No one is charging you for air, hence no one owns it. Water to an extent is pretty much free. The USES for said things might not be free, such as household water, or say if you need oxygen tanks but generally speaking no one is going to say "Hey stop breathing my air or pay my company 500 dollars" or if say you go to a public place or land that's not private and you drink from a stream no one's going to ***** at you to cough up 5 dollars.
---