I'm sure this has been asked before, but why do demos have limited uses?

#171VyersPosted 1/20/2013 8:07:35 PM
McMarbles posted...
Razieru posted...
McMarbles posted...
Your analogy is stupid and nonsensical.

So is your ignorance on the matter. You do know we are posting in the same board at least right?

Nobody OWNS air.

What difference does it make? It's the same difference, genius.

Demos, however... effort goes into them. Labor goes into them. frankly, it's pure generosity that they even exist.

And you claim what I say is stupid and nonsensical. Tell me, Lost Marbles, aside from the script you're reading in front of you, what do you all truly have to add other than this YES! man boy scout babble?

This is a capatalist society, and the producers are under no obligation to give you free samples. They do it of their own goodwill.If they choose to limit it... so be it. In the end... you still got to try it for nothing.

Tell me something that isn't obvious. Now, put down the Intro to Business book, and look beyond everything you were lead to believe. Then, we can sling mud about who really makes sense and who doesn't.

Now, paid locked on-disc/cart content? There's no excuse for that. THAT is a breach of trust.

But wait, by you and yours brilliant "logic", we aren't entitled to anything; so that "point" of yours you just made is just as moot, wise guy.

iMURDAu posted...
He just wants attention. Its easier for him to be a grammar nazi than form a coherent argument.

Look who's pot kettling again. Are you mad, bro? You claim I'm mad at your arse bleeding incoherence, yet you take your precious time to incessantly snipe my posts out of everyone else just to murmur more infantile whining, Mur Mur.

On that note, I fail to see you radiate an ounce of relevance yet. Keep trying though. Trolling takes subtlety and well thought out architecture, so start from the bottom with that.

You're entitled to what you pay for.

You don't pay for demos.

You DO pay for games.

I should be surprised that I would have to explain this to you. So why am I not?

*sigh* Welp, back to ignoring you. Trying to actually have a conversation with you is a waste of time.

You're entitled to demos because developers created certain expectations for the purpose of selling their products. Decades have passed, with demos consistently being of unlimited use until the 3DS was created.
---
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Negative_Hippie
(one of the) Latest YouTube uploads: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YCQxHyo0UQ - Pokemon Snap, Part 1
#172Baha05Posted 1/20/2013 8:08:57 PM
Here'sd the thing though Vyers, they are still presenting demos. Yes the limit is stupid but in theory it could boost sales of a game, since when you really think about it just because a demo is limited doesn't make the demo useless in anyway. You are still getting a demo of the game to and make a more thought out purchase.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich
#173LOLRIFANPosted 1/20/2013 8:10:27 PM
your argument falls flat simply by pointing the 3ds and wii u are the only systems were demoes only get x ammount of uses.

hell 3ds and wii u weren't even the FIRST nintendo consoles with demoes(both wii and gamecube had demoes) explain why if it all about the bottom line(which even still you should always care about your costumers,because without them you get NO bottom line period.) why it's only a recent trend,and only on nintendo platforms?
---
I am a furry AND PROUD to admit it.
Also guess what I AM SMASHKING84
#174VyersPosted 1/20/2013 8:11:23 PM
Baha05 posted...
Here'sd the thing though Vyers, they are still presenting demos. Yes the limit is stupid but in theory it could boost sales of a game, since when you really think about it just because a demo is limited doesn't make the demo useless in anyway. You are still getting a demo of the game to and make a more thought out purchase.

I don't make money from limited demos, so why should I not criticize them for it? The arguments for limited demos are entirely that they're better for the businesses, whereas the argument for unlimited demos is that they are better for the customers.
---
(one of the) Latest YouTube uploads: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YCQxHyo0UQ - Pokemon Snap, Part 1
#175Baha05Posted 1/20/2013 8:14:18 PM
Vyers posted...
I don't make money from limited demos, so why should I not criticize them for it? The arguments for limited demos are entirely that they're better for the businesses, whereas the argument for unlimited demos is that they are better for the customers.

You can criticize it all you want but by the end ofthe day are you really going to be so pissed that you can't play a demo unlimited times? I mean really is this issue REALLY that big of an issue? As far as unlimited demo usage for consumers is concerned yes it's a good thing, but in reality even with limits on demos we are still just getting bits and pieces of said game, and if you manage to use the limits up I think it would be in the best interest to you and the developers to buy said game that you have enjoyed so much that you played a demo 30 times.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich
#176VyersPosted 1/20/2013 8:16:34 PM
Baha05 posted...
Vyers posted...

You can criticize it all you want but by the end ofthe day are you really going to be so pissed that you can't play a demo unlimited times? I mean really is this issue REALLY that big of an issue? As far as unlimited demo usage for consumers is concerned yes it's a good thing, but in reality even with limits on demos we are still just getting bits and pieces of said game, and if you manage to use the limits up I think it would be in the best interest to you and the developers to buy said game that you have enjoyed so much that you played a demo 30 times.

What happens when a demo is released long before the game? What happens when you use up the demos before you can buy it?
---
#177Baha05Posted 1/20/2013 8:20:25 PM
Vyers posted...
What happens when a demo is released long before the game? What happens when you use up the demos before you can buy it?

Then it's called waiting for the game? Unless a demo actually has some meat to it (Content you can transfer to the full game) or it's designed that gives you a different experience each time you play it, then you are just playing the same level over and over again.

Hell if anything playing demo constantly that has no real meat to it might burn you out from buying the full game.
---
#178VyersPosted 1/20/2013 8:23:31 PM
Why should only one fanbase have to wait? Are you saying that you do not understand how difficult it is to wait for a game?
---
#179LOLRIFANPosted 1/20/2013 8:25:14 PM
again baha is being fallacious.
patience has nothing to do with it if your waiting years for something. tell the earthbound fans to be patient i dare you.

besides you STILL won't comment on the elephant in the room,what if the demo gets released and the full game gets cancelled(again this ALMOST happened with megaman legends,and it was even gonna be a pay to play demo...)
---
I am a furry AND PROUD to admit it.
Also guess what I AM SMASHKING84
#180Baha05Posted 1/20/2013 8:27:06 PM
Vyers posted...
Why should only one fanbase have to wait? Are you saying that you do not understand how difficult it is to wait for a game?

Well the fanbase is going to have to wait regardless of limits or not anyhow and honestly I have to feel sorry for a fan that plays a demo so much since there honestly not a lot of demos that do much different that warrants that many plays.

My point is this is only a minor issue at best and only really die hard fans or people that enjoy the same level over and over again well past 30 usages would turn it into some huge deal.
---