I'm sure this has been asked before, but why do demos have limited uses?

#191VyersPosted 1/20/2013 10:00:48 PM
Wow. A short demo, played once per day, by someone who is very excited for a game, is unrealistic. Amazing how short tasks simply cannot be done!

It doesn't matter that people exist who DON'T do this. People don't post on forums a lot; is this evidence that almost no one posts on them? No, it's evidence that people do different things. Again, there is no way that fewer people would play a demo many many times than they would analyze SSBB for years before its release; just as an example, SSBB's Dojo thread at the time (and perhaps still) has more posts than any other thread on NeoGAF.
---
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Negative_Hippie
(one of the) Latest YouTube uploads: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YCQxHyo0UQ - Pokemon Snap, Part 1
#192Baha05Posted 1/20/2013 10:05:12 PM
Vyers posted...
Wow. A short demo, played once per day, by someone who is very excited for a game, is unrealistic. Amazing how short tasks simply cannot be done!

It doesn't matter that people exist who DON'T do this. People don't post on forums a lot; is this evidence that almost no one posts on them? No, it's evidence that people do different things. Again, there is no way that fewer people would play a demo many many times than they would analyze SSBB for years before its release; just as an example, SSBB's Dojo thread at the time (and perhaps still) has more posts than any other thread on NeoGAF.

Yeah it's unrealistic because they are playing it once a day, that's like dragging out a demo right there. It's not a matter of it's impossible but a matter of why the hell they are playing it once a day? And if that's the case is it literally one time a day or are they playing it all day for each day?

But my point being is priorities, people need to get some. If a limit on demos REALLY bugs you that much then obviously there is something clearly wrong with your patience
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich
#193jillwarrenPosted 1/20/2013 10:51:39 PM
Okay folks, after wading through this whole topic, I have a few questions.

1: In what significant ways does limiting a demo hurt anyone?

2: How is limiting the use of a demo to a limited number of uses worse than say, limiting a demo of the full game to 60 mins, as some PS3 demos do?

3: Is this an issue that had any real significance? At the most, it seems like a minor complaint to me.
---
NN: peteywarren PSN: peteywarren0829
I owe Jesus everything; I love you Lord
#194LOLRIFANPosted 1/20/2013 11:02:26 PM
assuming you play a demo twice,a 60 minutes demo is still better than a 15 minute demo.

regardless that sixty minute demo has infinite uses therefore even if you actually used a 30 use demo 30 times,it never give you a much time to play it as an infinite use demo.

again i've only played my demoes exactly twice better make the game self destruct after two uses! and yes you could genuinely argue that two demo tries is enough to tell if you want the game.
---
I am a furry AND PROUD to admit it.
Also guess what I AM SMASHKING84
#195RazieruPosted 1/20/2013 11:08:06 PM
iMURDAu posted...
Razieru, when have I been incoherent?

I lost count. It's between all that five year old mud slinging, pathetic name calling, and finger pointing you make. Take the time to figure it out for yourself.

Everyone else seems to be able to understand the words I type. Again you throw out insults with words you don't know the meaning of without, as usual, making a single point to back what you claim is such a bad thing.

Yet your echo comes right back around and breathes new meaning into those words I rightfully pair you with.

Oh wait its "capitalism is bad". Get a career.

"Oh wait - being a capitalist accomplishes everything in and about life. It's the FLAWLESS way to be. What a wonderful one-sided story I am telling."

Um, no. Get a clue.

Well isn't it obvious that instead of debating you use gibberish phrases like "arse bleeding incoherence". You do seem rather upset that I basically keep standing in front of you making my point over and over and over and over and over while you rage over not having a logical comeback.

Yet your need to continuously respond proves otherwise every time. After all, your need to do so helps to make the things you spew more clear right?

"My point isn't that it will hurt the company. My point is you're a loser and need to earn some cash if you get upset about a demo having limited uses. Games aren't expensive. Limiting uses of a demo is not the end of the world but apparently its worse than region lock to the fools arguing against it."

You mean to truly snip this asinine drivel out as an example? Okay, but all I'm seeing is a wall of gibberish rife with pathetic and arse hurt insults on people who don't share your zero-dimensional "logic" and "ideals". Try again, darling.

^ The crux of my argument. What is yours?

The crux of your many whiny baby and asinine speeches you mean to sound so condescending and educated with is what you truly mean.

They limit it because they can. They run the service as they see fit. They own the business. Deal with it.

Right, boy scout. Because we all want to hear what you majored in college - Business 101. You sound like a typical salesman bellowing your sweet deals just to get someone to buy those bs lines you're attempting to sell to them.

It costs how much to download a demo again? No financial harm = nothing to complain about.

Ah, to bs about with no standards whatsoever and play the part of the fortunate pauper all because something is free; therefore we should be thankful it's half-assed because it's free.

And people like you are why the gaming industry continues to sucker people like you effortlessly and take baby steps with such pathetic bs like the aforementioned demo limits for one.

You can't even comprehend the fact that before the 3DS even existed there was no such thing as limited demos. But hey, let's keep parading around like we are brimming with knowledge.

And you don't even own a 3DS son, that's what is so sad about your butthurt.

Is this a run-on, fragment, or what? You implied about being incoherent, yet you managed to miss this? Perhaps you should tone down the arse hurt incoherence like I said before; as you can clearly see.

When that has been taken care of, then we can worry about what video game systems I own, Son.

But go ahead and keep calling me a troll

Don't need to. Every time you post easily proves this.

because I've only pwned you on every page I've appeared in this topic.

Keep lying to yourself, watch out for grammar hiccups, and think before posting insults best fit for you.
---
So....New Super Mario Bros. 2 wasn't released as FREE DLC for New Super Mario Bros.?!
#196Baha05Posted 1/20/2013 11:26:47 PM
LOLRIFAN posted...
assuming you play a demo twice,a 60 minutes demo is still better than a 15 minute demo.

regardless that sixty minute demo has infinite uses therefore even if you actually used a 30 use demo 30 times,it never give you a much time to play it as an infinite use demo.

again i've only played my demoes exactly twice better make the game self destruct after two uses! and yes you could genuinely argue that two demo tries is enough to tell if you want the game.

No argument about 60 minute demos, those are fun.

Though assuming you get the whole 60 minutes out of a demo that's still like 30 hours (Which honestly is WAY too much time to spend on a demo)

It shouldn't take too long to decide on a game based on a demo, limit or not.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich
#197IHeartMetroidPosted 1/21/2013 1:08:17 AM
Again I have to say...

Razieru, Good God, do you expect anyone to read all that, let alone reply to it?
#198iMURDAuPosted 1/21/2013 5:53:00 AM
Its free. It costs nothing. Who cares if its half-assed? Oh wait Razieru does. Even though he doesn't own a 3DS.
---
"I'm saying people outside GameFAQs didn't care when Mega Man Legends 3 was cancelled." horror_spooky
3DS FC: 1977-1514-4983, PM if you add me
#199LOLRIFANPosted 1/21/2013 7:34:57 AM
iMURDAu posted...
Its free. It costs nothing. Who cares if its half-assed? Oh wait Razieru does. Even though he doesn't own a 3DS.

so free automatically means the quality doesn't matter? i'll be willing to send you a bag of s*** free of charge but you have to take it and you can never complain.
---
I am a furry AND PROUD to admit it.
Also guess what I AM SMASHKING84
#200LunarRoarPosted 1/21/2013 8:56:26 AM
The idea behind it is the rationale. If you're playing a demo over X amount of times, you might as well go out and buy the actual game. That said, the fact that there's a visual number and an actual limitation is sort of like seeing sausage being made. You want to come to the conclusion of getting the game by yourself, you don't want to be told to get the game. Likewise, you want to eat delicious sausage, but you'd puke all over the place if you knew how it was made.
---
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=lunarroar
Official Abra of the Pokemon X/Y Boards