I'm sure this has been asked before, but why do demos have limited uses?

#201LOLRIFANPosted 1/21/2013 9:04:10 AM
LunarRoar posted...
The idea behind it is the rationale. If you're playing a demo over X amount of times, you might as well go out and buy the actual game. That said, the fact that there's a visual number and an actual limitation is sort of like seeing sausage being made. You want to come to the conclusion of getting the game by yourself, you don't want to be told to get the game. Likewise, you want to eat delicious sausage, but you'd puke all over the place if you knew how it was made.

i actually seen that a few times,but i usally just forget it.
honestly i think like gutting a fish it'd be much harder to do then to watch(because you're literally a killer,not just eating something someone else already killed)
---
I am a furry AND PROUD to admit it.
Also guess what I AM SMASHKING84
#202gldooriiPosted 1/21/2013 9:07:37 AM
Maybe it's because if you actually kept playing the demo over and over and over you'd realize "ya know what, It's not worth paying for the full game cause I'm bored with the demo now".
---
PSN - gldoorii
Live - xgldooriix
#203Baha05Posted 1/21/2013 10:05:44 AM
LOLRIFAN posted...
so free automatically means the quality doesn't matter? i'll be willing to send you a bag of s*** free of charge but you have to take it and you can never complain.

For demos quality is always going to vary no matter what. Limits or not there have been great demos, to ok demos, to really horrible demos. And honestly to complain about any free stuff is kinda petty depending on how you obtain it and if any catches exist or in some cases if it's bad or not.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich
#204RazieruPosted 1/21/2013 1:06:37 PM(edited)
LOLRIFAN posted...
iMURDAu posted...
Its free. It costs nothing. Who cares if its half-assed? Oh wait Razieru does. Even though he doesn't own a 3DS.

so free automatically means the quality doesn't matter? i'll be willing to send you a bag of s*** free of charge but you have to take it and you can never complain.

Don't take Mur Mur seriously ever. He prides himself on spewing ignorance out the side of his arse on a daily basis, and it's nothing new or amusing either.

Evidently the only respites he knows is arguing with me, horrible grammar and spelling, and name calling. He's quite the hypocritical kid with a kid.
---
So....New Super Mario Bros. 2 wasn't released as FREE DLC for New Super Mario Bros.?!
#205jillwarrenPosted 1/21/2013 1:03:05 PM
Razieru posted...
LOLRIFAN posted...
iMURDAu posted...
Its free. It costs nothing. Who cares if its half-assed? Oh wait Razieru does. Even though he doesn't own a 3DS.

Don't take Mur Mur seriously ever. He prides himself on spewing ignorance out the side of his arse on a daily basis, and it's nothing new or amusing either.

Evidently the only respites he knows is arguing with me, horrible grammar and spelling, and name calling. Quite the hypocritical child with a child.

What are you trying to say? Are you trying to say that the other poster argues with you, using horrible grammar, spelling, and name calling; or rather that he is arguing with all of those things, yourself included? It is also worth noting that your last sentence is merely a fragment. If you are just tired of the guy, that's fine, but I would say that this was a terrible post to mention poor grammar in.
---
NN: peteywarren PSN: peteywarren0829
I owe Jesus everything; I love you Lord
#206RazieruPosted 1/21/2013 1:08:42 PM
jillwarren posted...

What are you trying to say? Are you trying to say that the other poster argues with you, using horrible grammar, spelling, and name calling; or rather that he is arguing with all of those things, yourself included? It is also worth noting that your last sentence is merely a fragment. If you are just tired of the guy, that's fine, but I would say that this was a terrible post to mention poor grammar in.

Until you get even a clue about what's going on exactly, do me a favor and save your terrible post rife with ignorance. I have to spell out what's going on to you, since you can't formulate it from reading the passages, yet you claim my post is terrible? Riiiiight.
---
So....New Super Mario Bros. 2 wasn't released as FREE DLC for New Super Mario Bros.?!
#207jillwarrenPosted 1/22/2013 1:26:04 AM
Razieru posted...
jillwarren posted...

Until you get even a clue about what's going on exactly, do me a favor and save your terrible post rife with ignorance. I have to spell out what's going on to you, since you can't formulate it from reading the passages, yet you claim my post is terrible? Riiiiight.

Now this is an interesting post. I pointed out several grammatical errors in a post you were using, and your response is interesting to say the least.

1: My post was not filled with ignorance. You butchered the English language while insulting someone else for having poor grammar. I pointed that out to you.

2: By "get even a clue about what's going on exactly" I can only guess you mean the arguing the two of you have been doing. I will clarify my point for you: I understand having disagreements with someone, but if you are going to try and call out that person for bad grammar it does not help your case to be using pretty poor grammar as well.

3: Your last sentence in your reply to me is another mess. You are trying to ask a question, it appears, because you are using a question mark. Let me help you with that; next time try, "I had (let's use a proper tense) to spell out what was going on for you, because ("since" is a very poor choice as a conjunction) you couldn't understand (formulate doesn't mean what you are implying here, unless you truly think my brain is unable to generate thought, which you very well may) it from reading the posts (let's call things by their names); (you would attach the actual question to the preceding clauses with a semicolon, not a comma) yet you claim my post is terrible?

4: Try not lying in the future. I did not say I did not know what was going on; rather, I asked what you were trying to say, because your writing was poor. I didn't say your post was terrible in itself; but rather, that it was a terrible post to talk about someone else's poor grammar in.

5: If you want to keep going back and forth like this we can; I need all the practice I can get correcting English for others. There really is no need to be uncivil though.
---
#208RazieruPosted 1/22/2013 1:42:01 AM(edited)
jillwarren posted...
jillwarren posted...
Now this is an interesting post. I pointed out several grammatical errors in a post you were using, and your response is interesting to say the least.

1: My post was not filled with ignorance. You butchered the English language while insulting someone else for having poor grammar. I pointed that out to you.

2: By "get even a clue about what's going on exactly" I can only guess you mean the arguing the two of you have been doing. I will clarify my point for you: I understand having disagreements with someone, but if you are going to try and call out that person for bad grammar it does not help your case to be using pretty poor grammar as well.

3: Your last sentence in your reply to me is another mess. You are trying to ask a question, it appears, because you are using a question mark. Let me help you with that; next time try, "I had (let's use a proper tense) to spell out what was going on for you, because ("since" is a very poor choice as a conjunction) you couldn't understand (formulate doesn't mean what you are implying here, unless you truly think my brain is unable to generate thought, which you very well may) it from reading the posts (let's call things by their names); (you would attach the actual question to the preceding clauses with a semicolon, not a comma) yet you claim my post is terrible?

4: Try not lying in the future. I did not say I did not know what was going on; rather, I asked what you were trying to say, because your writing was poor. I didn't say your post was terrible in itself; but rather, that it was a terrible post to talk about someone else's poor grammar in.

5: If you want to keep going back and forth like this we can; I need all the practice I can get correcting English for others. There really is no need to be uncivil though.

^ *yawn* It took you a whole new day to come up with all that? Good one, genius. Now, if you're done wetting yourself with your puffy chest stuck out, find something amusing to do now.

You mean to come off like you're some kind of wise ass, and make poor little old me feel so low with this belittlement garbage. That's it, right? I am soaking in my bitter tears now. Waaaah.

Does that add a bit more to your Superman high? Or did I do it wrong again?

And for the record, you won't last with the back and forth thing. So, spare yourself the embarrassment, dear.

And pessimistically dissecting every little grammatical detail does not make you look ANY kind of intellectual at all. It just looks like a belated attempt for making up for slacking off in school, kid.

Eh, I reckon that will be your only respites to slam me with in this little back and forth game you're....threatening to play with me? Riiiiight. Now, to check my tenses of grammar usage. Will I pass dear Jill Jill's test?

Then again, I guess I could use the lesson, "teacher". I guess that explains why I keep....editing my posts? Oh yeah, I'm in need of this "knowledge".
---
#209jillwarrenPosted 1/22/2013 2:12:25 AM
Razieru posted...
jillwarren posted...
jillwarren posted...

^ *yawn* It took you a whole new day to come up with all that? Good one, genius. Now, if you're done wetting yourself with your puffy chest stuck out, find something amusing to do now.

You mean to come off like you're some kind of wise ass, and make poor little old me feel so low with this belittlement garbage. That's it, right? I am soaking in my bitter tears now. Waaaah.

Does that add a bit more to your Superman high? Or did I do it wrong again?

And for the record, you won't last with the back and forth thing. So, spare yourself the embarrassment, dear.

And pessimistically dissecting every little grammatical detail does not make you look ANY kind of intellectual at all. It just looks like a belated attempt for making up for slacking off in school, kid.

Eh, I reckon that will be your only respites to slam me with in this little back and forth game you're....threatening to play with me? Riiiiight. Now, to check my tenses of grammar usage. Will I pass dear Jill Jill's test?

Then again, I guess I could use the lesson, "teacher". I guess that explains why I keep....editing my posts? Oh yeah, I'm in need of this "knowledge".

Actually, this was pretty amusing to do. I work during the day; had to check gfaqs after work.

I actually am not trying to come across as anything; I am just correcting your grammar, because grammar seemed to matter to you.

If you mean I won't last because you'll insult me I think you misunderstand; I will sleep just fine if you call me names. If you want to get mean, I can keep correcting your grammar, but I won't insult you back. Calling people names on the internet isn't my thing. :o)

I'll tell you what: I'll leave you alone as long as you promise that when you tell someone else their grammar sucks you do it in proper English.
---
#210RazieruPosted 1/22/2013 2:39:47 AM(edited)
jillwarren posted...
Actually, this was pretty amusing to do.

Hobbies outside of GameFaqs clearly are non-existent to you I see.

I work during the day; had to check gfaqs after work.

You....have a job?

I actually am not trying to come across as anything; I am just correcting your grammar, because grammar seemed to matter to you.

Aw, you're boring me. This isn't college dear. We do it a LOT rougher here. You're going to have to reach down a lot farther than your bag of "politically correct grammar" to unnerve me. Ripping rabid fanboys and other nonsense apart on this site is far more amusing, so lucky for you I choose to ignore your "Nerds 101" gimmick.

If you mean I won't last because you'll insult me I think you misunderstand; I will sleep just fine if you call me names.

No, you won't last because I'll merely adapt to your cry out to Harvard routine. You mean to insult me with this perfect grammar bs, yet I'm just flexing effortlessly with and around it. Tee hee, what great fun.

If you want to get mean, I can keep correcting your grammar, but I won't insult you back.

Zzzz....

You're such a nice fella though.

Calling people names on the internet isn't my thing. :o)

*yawn*

Duly noted....

I'll tell you what: I'll leave you alone as long as you promise that when you tell someone else their grammar sucks you do it in proper English.

Enjoy talking to yourself then. You'll have to do a lot better than this. I haven't even broken a sweat.

Alas, I am disappoint. <--- (obvious grammar hiccup there so you won't have to work your brain so hard correcting such an intention)
---