I'm sure this has been asked before, but why do demos have limited uses?

#211pbandjamesPosted 1/22/2013 2:50:46 AM
Pauken posted...
pbandjames posted...
Good God, this topic's devolved into a Jerry Springer episode over these limits.

I'll say it again: Nintendo's not the first service to limit demos. Steam also limits demos, but they do it with a timeframe limit, not a use limit. A timeframe limit is actually somewhat worse.

The industry is changing. The times where some of you listened to Blink-182 while playing the MediEvil demo from the latest issue of Playstation Magazine are over. Suck it up and move on.

I loved the CD demos; I wish we could go back to them. We can't. This is how the industry wants to play it now. It's unlikely to change. You might as well get used to it, because arguing about it on GameFAQs isn't going to do anything about anything.

Please stop spreading lies about Steam. I already told you that there are actual demos on Steam with no limits. Free Weekends aren't demos, they're the bloody full version available for the weekend. How is a time limited full version of a game a demo?

"Here, test this car. Drive it around for the weekend. You can use all the features included, but you have to return it and make a decision about it in two days."

That's a demo. Steam has demos. When you have a product in limited display, it's a demo. You don't get to keep it, hence it's a demo.

There are different forms of demos. Accept that and move on. When you don't get the full version to keep, you just get to play it for a bit, that's a demo.

As much as Steam is good, and as much as they have a good business model, they're not some sacred thing. And the games they let you play for a couple of days usually have an enticing reason to buy the game after: the game is longer than the time you played it for, the game has great multiplayer, the game has tons of bonus content, etc. So don't act like it's some high and mighty gift; they're still trying to make a buck. I said "demo" a million times so you understand this.
---
Game news is the best news.
#212RazieruPosted 1/22/2013 3:03:20 AM(edited)
None of you have explained to me yet why I can play all my PS1 demos infinitely, yet it is such an omen to play any of the demos on the 3DS infinitely.

Is it because your all mighty god Nintendo proclaims it as such? Will it....truly hurt their sales of the full product? Give me more than those trendy and predictable answers though.
---
So....New Super Mario Bros. 2 wasn't released as FREE DLC for New Super Mario Bros.?!
#213pbandjamesPosted 1/22/2013 3:17:06 AM
Razieru posted...
None of you have explained to me yet why I can play all my PS1 demos infinitely, yet it is such an omen to play any of the demos on the 3DS infinitely.

Is it because your all mighty god Nintendo proclaims it as such? Will it....truly hurt their sales of the full product? Give me more than those trendy and predictable answers though.

I wish for the wonderful times of the PS era demos as well, but the industry has decided otherwise. They're pulling all sorts of tricks in limiting demos now.
---
Game news is the best news.
#214RazieruPosted 1/22/2013 3:55:54 AM
^ Eh, I boldly declare that demos are NOT such a serious issue at all. I merely argued the point that limiting them (as they are already limited in nature) is pointless as all hell, and flirting with the "breaking what's already broken even more" realm.
---
So....New Super Mario Bros. 2 wasn't released as FREE DLC for New Super Mario Bros.?!
#215iMURDAuPosted 1/22/2013 4:18:17 AM
"so free automatically means the quality doesn't matter? i'll be willing to send you a bag of s*** free of charge but you have to take it and you can never complain."

No. I didn't choose to accept your gift so I don't have to complain. Who said you MUST d/l 3DS demos? Your analogy is full of what you put in bags. Did you download every demo? Even Style Savvy? Did you use up all your plays on every single one of them? Of course you didn't.

LOL@ Razieru. You don't own a 3DS. Why do you care so much? You say all I do is throw insults, have horrible spelling and grammar. What words have I not spelled correctly? Oh that's right those were the other posters who you disagreed with and had to attack with anything but a real argument. And insult them incessantly.

Dance, dance, lift your hands and type out another round of lame insult attempts puppet.

Look its simple. 3DS demos are limited. If you don't like it then don't download them, let Nintendo know thru Club N surveys, e-mail them, stop doing business with them. Whining here about your sense of entitlement to play unlimited demos is sad. Its really sad. Get a job and buy the game or bug the crap out of your parents.

I'll never own an Xbox product because I'm not paying for online service when its free on other consoles. Its that simple. I don't need to stamp my feet with my arms crossed. Its easier as not purchasing their product. MS made that decision and its their decision. And my decision is to not buy video games from them. Let me know when you see me posting on the 360 board whining about that because it'll never ever happen.
---
"I'm saying people outside GameFAQs didn't care when Mega Man Legends 3 was cancelled." horror_spooky
3DS FC: 1977-1514-4983, PM if you add me
#216Baha05Posted 1/22/2013 7:30:23 AM
Razieru posted...

Again this is most likely some marketing method that a few people take issue to. Simply put limiting a demo 30 times might give a person a better idea of buying the game if they use up the limit (And it might even take them less to uses to do so)

Is it stupid? Well yes it's pretty damn stupid as well but is it a huge slap to the face people are making it out to be? Nope I've seen far worse slaps to the face in the industry then limiting demos.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#217GoodOlJrPosted 1/22/2013 10:36:10 AM
the whole "don't complain it's free" line is horrible and flawed.
#218jillwarrenPosted 1/22/2013 1:15:42 PM
Razieru posted...
jillwarren posted...
Actually, this was pretty amusing to do.

Hobbies outside of GameFaqs clearly are non-existent to you I see.

I work during the day; had to check gfaqs after work.

You....have a job?

I actually am not trying to come across as anything; I am just correcting your grammar, because grammar seemed to matter to you.

Aw, you're boring me. This isn't college dear. We do it a LOT rougher here. You're going to have to reach down a lot farther than your bag of "politically correct grammar" to unnerve me. Ripping rabid fanboys and other nonsense apart on this site is far more amusing, so lucky for you I choose to ignore your "Nerds 101" gimmick.

If you mean I won't last because you'll insult me I think you misunderstand; I will sleep just fine if you call me names.

No, you won't last because I'll merely adapt to your cry out to Harvard routine. You mean to insult me with this perfect grammar bs, yet I'm just flexing effortlessly with and around it. Tee hee, what great fun.

If you want to get mean, I can keep correcting your grammar, but I won't insult you back.

Zzzz....

You're such a nice fella though.

Calling people names on the internet isn't my thing. :o)

*yawn*

Duly noted....

I'll tell you what: I'll leave you alone as long as you promise that when you tell someone else their grammar sucks you do it in proper English.

Enjoy talking to yourself then. You'll have to do a lot better than this. I haven't even broken a sweat.

Alas, I am disappoint. <--- (obvious grammar hiccup there so you won't have to work your brain so hard correcting such an intention)

Your response to me is to insult me and act like you are superior? So sorry cupcake, but you are not. :o)
---
NN: peteywarren PSN: peteywarren0829
I owe Jesus everything; I love you Lord
#219RazieruPosted 1/22/2013 1:27:04 PM(edited)
iMURDAu posted...
LOL@ Razieru. You don't own a 3DS. Why do you care so much?

Ask yourself the same question about hy you care so much about what I own, AND why you keep sniping out all my posts to pathetically jab with broken record stupid responses, then maybe we'll start taking your arse hurt moaning about me seriously. Otherwise, I'll continue to laugh.

You say all I do is throw insults, have horrible spelling and grammar. What words have I not spelled correctly?

Don't work up your mind about it, dear. It's too late in the game to worry so much about such things. Your embarrassing rash diaper drivel has already discredited you enough.

Oh that's right those were the other posters who you disagreed with and had to attack with anything but a real argument. And insult them incessantly.

Still willfully ignorant to your own irony, pot kettle? Keep that bleeding heart oozing with hypocrisy.

Dance, dance, lift your hands and type out another round of lame insult attempts puppet.

Is this supposed to be funny, or your attempt at wit? And....you say your kid's more mature, yes? I see.

Look its simple. 3DS demos are limited. If you don't like it then don't download them, let Nintendo know thru Club N surveys, e-mail them, stop doing business with them.

Ah, Mur Mur is still pissing and moaning with the same broken record bs he gives me lashes over.

Whining here about your sense of entitlement to play unlimited demos is sad.

So is your hilarious and ceaseless hypocrisy. Just keep having those five year old name calling spats, child.

Its really sad.

Um, way to be even more tiring with the redundancy. Or have we ran out of insults for which to throw around on people who don't share your vague and highly dilated vision(s)?

Get a job and buy the game or bug the crap out of your parents.

Yet you fail to act like one. Also, there's another overused phrase of Mur Mur's for which the kid chooses to constantly use for his "rebuttals": "Get a job".

You have to grow up from all the arse hurting first, Son.

I didn't bother quoting the next whiny baby drivel the dear chap posted yet again. We'll just be running in those little circles dear Mur Mur has etched out for us.

GoodOlJr posted...
the whole "don't complain it's free" line is horrible and flawed.

Narcissism is a flaw. Don't you dare question their omnipotent laws!

jillwarren posted...
Your response to me is to insult me and act like you are superior? So sorry cupcake, but you are not. :o)

Again, Jill Jill, you are BORING me. Come now, you're already stagnant, honey bun.
---
#220iMURDAuPosted 1/22/2013 3:29:47 PM
Doesn't own a 3DS calls me "arse hurt" because I own a 3DS and don't care about demo limits. Tap dances and backpedals like the puppet he is when I pull his strings. Get a job when you're old enough or do they force child labor or military service in your country where they say "arse"? Lol.

NOW DANCE DAMMIT YOU LITTLE PUPPET

:)
---
"I'm saying people outside GameFAQs didn't care when Mega Man Legends 3 was cancelled." horror_spooky
3DS FC: 1977-1514-4983, PM if you add me