I'm sure this has been asked before, but why do demos have limited uses?

#41PaladinAlikPosted 1/18/2013 8:33:09 AM
Razieru posted...
confettistorm posted...

Have you actually used through all your uses on your demos?
Have you?
If you have, did you not buy the game?

Now close your mouth.

Did it ever sway my decision to buy the full game? No.

Does limiting a fragment of software ever amount to anything SIGNIFICANT? No.

Does coming off as some willfully ignorant Reggie Fils Amie to such triviality net you any attention, let alone a pay check from Nintendo? NO.

Now, take off your blinders, let your fanboyism peter out, get a clue, and close YOUR mouth.

You said "no" to the first 2 questions and even said it wasn't significant, so..... why do you have to go on a long anti nintendo tirade?

I think its dumb the limit demo play as well, but ultimately I dont care because i generally only play a demo once or twice, unless I really like the game in wich case i buy
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
#42RazieruPosted 1/18/2013 8:59:10 AM(edited)
PaladinAlik posted...
You said "no" to the first 2 questions and even said it wasn't significant, so..... why do you have to go on a long anti nintendo tirade?

I think its dumb the limit demo play as well, but ultimately I dont care because i generally only play a demo once or twice, unless I really like the game in wich case i buy

You are misinformed. I couldn't care less about demos and their limitations, let alone the dumb crap Nintendo continues to do. I have plenty of other things to actually devote my concern to.

I am merely here to point out the obvious idiocy that idiot developers are allowed to get away with as such on the principle that you shouldn't fix what isn't broken; let alone make something already limited in nature even more limited.
---
So....New Super Mario Bros. 2 wasn't released as FREE DLC for New Super Mario Bros.?!
#43Petey_MeanisPosted 1/18/2013 8:57:08 AM
I could care less about demos and their limitations

It's "couldn't care less". just saying.
---
Thick, long and meaty.. Kielbasa sausage
http://i.imgur.com/dHMWV.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6s1RR.gif
#44SSJ2__GohanPosted 1/18/2013 1:10:06 PM
GloryChaos posted...
"Here's a free sample. You can only take one."
"What the hell? Why is there a limit on the number of free samples I can take? They're samples. I'll decide if I want to buy the product after I'm done taking as many free samples as I want. Thanks.

That's a flawed analogy. For each shampoo bottle you take (something they happened to hand out the last time I went to the supermarket, hence that specific example), the company loses money, AND for each shampoo bottle you take, the company loses 1 more potential customer since there's only a finite amount of shampoo bottles to hand out.

A demo, however, costs the same for the company whether you play it once or a gazillion times, unless the demo has online. Also, playing it a gazillion times does not cause others to be unable to get the demo and potentially become a customer.
#45JoeHigashi2000Posted 1/18/2013 1:35:39 PM
I do t see why the Golden Sun series had to brought into your pointless arguing...
They feel if you can just keep playing the demo you won't buy the full game. It makes no sense to complain from either side as it won't change what the demo limits will be. I got the demo for REvelations when it released but I was going to buy the full game on release regardless. I played it twice and it just took up memory space till I picked up my copy of the game on release then I deleted it after no data was imported.
---
GT: J03HIG45HI PS3/Vita: JoeHigashi2000 3DS: 0817-3804-7210
#46aamotPosted 1/18/2013 1:58:07 PM(edited)
This would have a point if all demos had like 5 uses. But THIRTY is far more than necessary to both make a decision on the game and to put solid time into the demo.

Hell, they could be timed demos. Those are the worst.
---
"I dare you to make less sense."
#47siberian142Posted 1/18/2013 1:58:36 PM
ultimatecouchpotato posted...
Like TC said, it's the principle of the matter. Imposing a PERMANENT limit on how many times you can use an already limited software (unless you wipe all the data on your 3DS) is aggressive and anti-consumer. That's why I never download demos and another reason why I hope the 3DS gets hacked soon.

This. The problem is that Nintendo is the only one putting limits on near every demo that they release for no apparent reason. Nobody else does this because a demo is already a restricted piece of content that is meant to incite people into buying the full release.

And to those asking who plays a demo over and over, that's easy: fans who are heavily anticipating the actual game. I can't think of any reason why anyone else would play it over and over again, so introducing limits is just going to annoy your dedicated fans for no reason.
#48iMURDAuPosted 1/18/2013 3:18:05 PM
Razieru claims not to care but obviously cares more than anyone else in the topic.

Your pointless analogies make no sense. Free gas for a car =/= playing a demo on a videogame system. If you're so poor you can't afford to pay for a game when the eShop offers plenty of games for $5 and less and have to cry about limits on demos then get a job. How's that for an analogy?

Go to a grocery store offering samples and attempt to take all of them. Don't be shocked to hear the word no. You're not entitled to unlimited anything.
---
"I'm saying people outside GameFAQs didn't care when Mega Man Legends 3 was cancelled." horror_spooky
3DS FC: 1977-1514-4983, PM if you add me
#49RazieruPosted 1/18/2013 3:56:00 PM
iMURDAu posted...
Razieru claims not to care but obviously cares more than anyone else in the topic.

Your pointless analogies make no sense. Free gas for a car =/= playing a demo on a videogame system. If you're so poor you can't afford to pay for a game when the eShop offers plenty of games for $5 and less and have to cry about limits on demos then get a job. How's that for an analogy?

Go to a grocery store offering samples and attempt to take all of them. Don't be shocked to hear the word no. You're not entitled to unlimited anything.

Aw,you're just trying to unnerve me with your pessimistic willful ignorance. Grow you some principles, and troll harder.
---
So....New Super Mario Bros. 2 wasn't released as FREE DLC for New Super Mario Bros.?!
#50EricFlyffMasterPosted 1/18/2013 4:00:31 PM
razieru stop ur wrong everyone against u is right
---
im gonna be a poster like no one ever was before