I'm sure this has been asked before, but why do demos have limited uses?

#51Nickcool1996Posted 1/18/2013 4:04:31 PM
http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2010-09-11/tn_1284157967346.jpg
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nickcool1996?feature=mhum
http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o451/Behiimosu/dickkick.jpg
#52iMURDAuPosted 1/18/2013 5:32:03 PM
You use the words pessimistic willful ignorance like you know what they mean. And I'm not trolling you. I just speak the truth. But thanks for quoting my entire post and attempting to dismiss it with a phrase you would like to fit in the context of what is going on here but obviously does not. It lets me know I'm not only correct but that I've gotten in your head.
---
"I'm saying people outside GameFAQs didn't care when Mega Man Legends 3 was cancelled." horror_spooky
3DS FC: 1977-1514-4983, PM if you add me
#53EricFlyffMasterPosted 1/18/2013 6:37:34 PM
hahaha razieru lost
---
im gonna be a poster like no one ever was before
#54Zero_ManiacPosted 1/18/2013 6:40:40 PM
GoldenSun3DS posted...
Razieru posted...
confettistorm posted...

Have you actually used through all your uses on your demos?
Have you?
If you have, did you not buy the game?

Now close your mouth.

Did it ever sway my decision to buy the full game? No.

Does limiting a fragment of software ever amount to anything SIGNIFICANT? No.

Does coming off as some willfully ignorant Reggie Fils Amie to such triviality net you any attention, let alone a pay check from Nintendo? NO.

Now, take off your blinders, let your fanboyism peter out, get a clue, and close YOUR mouth.

Awwww the baby troll is whining because he can't play a demo forever...

Seriously? You're going to stoop down to THAT level?
---
Currently Playing: Chrono Trigger and FFIV DS
#55Sir_HaxorPosted 1/19/2013 12:29:00 PM
iMURDAu posted...
Razieru claims not to care but obviously cares more than anyone else in the topic.

Your pointless analogies make no sense. Free gas for a car =/= playing a demo on a videogame system. If you're so poor you can't afford to pay for a game when the eShop offers plenty of games for $5 and less and have to cry about limits on demos then get a job. How's that for an analogy?

Go to a grocery store offering samples and attempt to take all of them. Don't be shocked to hear the word no. You're not entitled to unlimited anything.

Your grocery store analogy is stupid. Those are limited because there is a limited amount overall. If you take 400 shampoo samples that's 399 less for others. If I play the Wind Waker demo 400 times no one else is missing out on it.

It's even more hilarious since I have a crap ton of unlimited demos on other gaming devices.

Only Nintendo fanboys would argue for limited demos. Ironically since Wiiware offers infinite demo usage.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0559-6940-0140
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#56ZeusPosted 1/19/2013 12:36:32 PM
They limit demos because they figure Nintendo fans are dumb, casual little kids who won't buy the full game if they have unlimited access to the demo. It's sad, but Nintendo thinks that little of us.

And all of this talk about it being up to the dev/publisher is bullcrap since I've yet to see even ONE demo on the system without a limit. It's corporate policy, even if it trickles down when Nintendo pees on the dev/publisher.
---
(\/)(\/)|-|
#57iMURDAuPosted 1/19/2013 1:04:56 PM
But Sir_Haxor if they had limited uses would it bother you that much? I doubt you've played those demos hundreds of times.

I'm at a loss to understand what the problem is. I have yet to play a 3DS demo that compels me to want to keep playing it because it offers a lot of content. And I've tried all of them but Style Savvy. They are demonstrations to show potential consumers what they can expect from a retail product. If it bothers anyone that they are limited... you don't have to download them. They also don't cost you any money.

Ever gotten a free weekend of HBO or Showtime from your cable provider? It ended, it cost you nothing, you got to watch some shows, does that require a ton of complaining online about their business model?
---
"I'm saying people outside GameFAQs didn't care when Mega Man Legends 3 was cancelled." horror_spooky
3DS FC: 1977-1514-4983, PM if you add me
#58king_darksPosted 1/19/2013 1:14:47 PM
ultimatecouchpotato posted...
Like TC said, it's the principle of the matter. Imposing a PERMANENT limit on how many times you can use an already limited software (unless you wipe all the data on your 3DS) is aggressive and anti-consumer. That's why I never download demos and another reason why I hope the 3DS gets hacked soon.

What a pathetic reason. The only reason that you would use the demo uses up would if you're to damn cheap/ broke to buy the full game or if you're suffering from favorite game-itis which a dose of different game should help remedy :3 Everybody finds a reason to whine over something that is free despite the fact that its purpose is to get you interested in a product not for you to get a free piece of game. You're like one of those fatties that eat the whole tray of free samples and whine when they won't give you more. Buy the game if you like that much.
---
School days are back.
#59SMASHKING84Posted 1/19/2013 1:23:16 PM
Sir_Haxor posted...
iMURDAu posted...
Razieru claims not to care but obviously cares more than anyone else in the topic.

Your pointless analogies make no sense. Free gas for a car =/= playing a demo on a videogame system. If you're so poor you can't afford to pay for a game when the eShop offers plenty of games for $5 and less and have to cry about limits on demos then get a job. How's that for an analogy?

Go to a grocery store offering samples and attempt to take all of them. Don't be shocked to hear the word no. You're not entitled to unlimited anything.

Your grocery store analogy is stupid. Those are limited because there is a limited amount overall. If you take 400 shampoo samples that's 399 less for others. If I play the Wind Waker demo 400 times no one else is missing out on it.

It's even more hilarious since I have a crap ton of unlimited demos on other gaming devices.

Only Nintendo fanboys would argue for limited demos. Ironically since Wiiware offers infinite demo usage.

this.

if demoes were the full version of the game they're might be a case for limiting there use.
but at this point it like someone gives a test drive of a car for 5 miles then if you travel more then that the car self destructs and you have to pay for it.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
Final Fantasty vi is the best game ever!
#60TheTrueNubPosted 1/19/2013 1:26:12 PM
Some types of games highly benefit from it.

I almost didn't buy Halo Wars because I did so much skirmishing on the demo I was almost burnt out on the game by the time it was released.
---
Keep calm and hee-ho
http://i.imgur.com/8JzkT.png