I'm sure this has been asked before, but why do demos have limited uses?

#61Bancario51Posted 1/19/2013 1:27:41 PM
stop griping about it. nintendo made it a default feature for all demos (preprogrammed) so theres nothing they can do when its uploaded to eshop it has 30 uses.
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#62FaelorPosted 1/19/2013 1:30:07 PM
Yes, it's ridiculous that there's a limit to demo uses.

It's also ridiculous how much people are making a deal out of it.

If someone played the same portion of the demo 30 times and demanded a 31st, I'd have unkind words to describe them.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3437 3093 1478
Pokemon White 2 Friend Code: 4599 7588 5979
#63ceedofevilPosted 1/19/2013 1:34:07 PM
Don't know what's more pathetic. The topic or people trying to rationalize with Razieru.
---
"I don't think this is funny. I wasted my time entering." -GameFAQ's new slogan.
#64king_darksPosted 1/19/2013 1:54:02 PM(edited)
SMASHKING84 posted...
Sir_Haxor posted...

Your grocery store analogy is stupid. Those are limited because there is a limited amount overall. If you take 400 shampoo samples that's 399 less for others. If I play the Wind Waker demo 400 times no one else is missing out on it.

It's even more hilarious since I have a crap ton of unlimited demos on other gaming devices.

Only Nintendo fanboys would argue for limited demos. Ironically since Wiiware offers infinite demo usage.

Snip

Well that was unreadable

@Sir_Haxor- The purpose of free samples is to entice others into buying the full product not giving away free pieces of food/ games for others to enjoy. Being a business is not a charity by any means and realistically 30 uses is all that will ever be needed to formulate a opinion and properly enjoy a game. I'm not trying to argue that having less= equal to more. Nobody is trying to argue this point. However a limitation that won't realistically affect a potential buyer isn't significant enough to start insulting defenders of this policy due to your own condescending attitude and lack of maturity. This goes for everybody who is guilty of this aswell.

Unless you can give a realistic situation where 30 demo uses will not ever be enough to accomplish the goal it was made to then honestly all you're doing is arguing for the sake of arguing.
---
School days are back.
#65Bluelynx87Posted 1/19/2013 1:51:28 PM
Easy its so people wont play the demo instead of buying the game
#66Iceberg73ePosted 1/19/2013 2:55:41 PM
If someone has played the demo 30 times and has yet to buy the game, they are probably never going to buy the game. Since demos are distributed to convince the people on the fence of actually buy the game, the letting people continue to play a demo of a game they will never buy is just fruitless.
---
Ill lick all fanboys ass! - arsios
#67Grand KirbyPosted 1/19/2013 3:01:26 PM
But there's still no clear point on including limits at all.

Demos only contain an extremely small portion of the game. No one is going to not buy a game because a demo will somehow be so satisfactory that they won't need the real game at all. Likewise, Nintendo doesn't lose anything whether someone plays a demo 31 times or 1 time. So what's the point of having limits on top of that? It's pointless and it also manages to be extremely stupid.
---
Okay, I rolled a 14. What's that mean? Hsu
That you're a cheater. This is a 12-sided die. Chan
#68DarkastralPosted 1/19/2013 3:01:54 PM
ceedofevil posted...
Don't know what's more pathetic. The topic or people trying to rationalize with Razieru.

---
Not changing this signature until a new Breath of Fire game is announced
Started 2/8/12
#69Sir_HaxorPosted 1/19/2013 3:04:48 PM
Iceberg73e posted...
If someone has played the demo 30 times and has yet to buy the game, they are probably never going to buy the game. Since demos are distributed to convince the people on the fence of actually buy the game, the letting people continue to play a demo of a game they will never buy is just fruitless.

If someone isn't buying a game because they keep playing the demo, what makes you think they would have bought the game if there was no demo to begin with?

Only Nintendo fanboys would argue for limited demos.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0559-6940-0140
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#70SMASHKING84Posted 1/19/2013 3:08:37 PM
Iceberg73e posted...

so by your logic because i never played the order up demo,or style savy's demo the demo shouldn't exist?

demos shouldn't be restricted because a person only plays it x ammount of times.
think of it like this if i only play my games one time*(from beginning to end) does that mean that EVERYBODY'S copy of that game should automatically self destruct after one use?

like i said i OWN physical copies of oot but i still play the demo on brawl.
why? because i can,simple.
*i don't i never stop playing my games,in smb in example i beat that game at least 100 times,the point is many people only play there games until they beat them then sell them. but that doesn't mean you should kill replay value for those who want it.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
Final Fantasty vi is the best game ever!