I like RPGs.

#1The_Hungry_OnePosted 1/18/2013 9:03:57 AM
But there doesn't seem to be any for the 3DS. A shame, because I really thought Nintendo would do better this time around. Am I simply being blind when in reality, there's much more out there?
---
Long days and pleasant nights.
#2GloryChaosPosted 1/18/2013 9:05:42 AM
They exist. They're just a bunch of Japan only games at the moment that have yet to be localized.

There is some stuff on the eshop though. Crimson Shroud and Unchained Blades (dungeon crawler a la Etrian Odyssey III) count.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#3The_Hungry_One(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 9:08:38 AM(edited)
Crimson Shroud I have, but I didn't know that Etrian Odyssey was that...

It seems Unchained Blades is non-existent, or at least not in the EU e-shop.
---
#4LoonacyPosted 1/18/2013 9:08:03 AM
if you like RPGs, you'll love the Etrian Odyssey series. 4 is being released next month.
---
"A myth is an image in terms of which we try to make sense of the world." ~ Alan Watts
#5The_Hungry_One(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 9:09:48 AM
Well, I did a search on e-shop for Etrian Odyssey, and the only thing is Etrian Odyssey III and that's just a video. Am I missing something?
---
#6SailorSatournePosted 1/18/2013 9:20:41 AM
Loonacy posted...
if you like RPGs, you'll love the Etrian Odyssey series. 4 is being released next month.

Did EO have a massive formula shake-up after the first one? The original was nothing but a grind-fest and had no character development or real story progression.

I mean, the game that was their was good, but I wouldn't suggest it on the criteria that someone "likes RPGs". >_>
---
Placeholder signature so people don't skip the last line of my posts.
#7ReasonisTreasonPosted 1/18/2013 9:23:41 AM
Etrian Odyssey IV, Soul Hackers, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Dragon Quest VII, and Pokemon X/Y are all upcoming greats. Some of those don't have an EU date yet, though.

For now Denpa Men, Devil Survivor Overclocked, and Kingdom Hearts will have to tide you over
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnfi61OXSX1qfhljfo1_500.jpg
#8Cookie_AromaPosted 1/18/2013 9:38:16 AM
The_Hungry_One posted...
Well, I did a search on e-shop for Etrian Odyssey, and the only thing is Etrian Odyssey III and that's just a video. Am I missing something?

Etrian Odyssey I, II, and III are all DS games that are out already. Etrian Odyssey IV is a 3DS game which is coming out next month (for US at least).
#9EnclavePosted 1/18/2013 9:39:34 AM
ReasonisTreason posted...
Etrian Odyssey IV, Soul Hackers, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Dragon Quest VII, and Pokemon X/Y are all upcoming greats. Some of those don't have an EU date yet, though.

For now Denpa Men, Devil Survivor Overclocked, and Kingdom Hearts will have to tide you over

If only Dragon Quest VII was a sure thing. Sadly I don't think it's odds of being localised are very good just due to how big of a localisation job it will be.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.
#10WesfanboyneverPosted 1/18/2013 9:51:06 AM
The_Hungry_One posted...
But there doesn't seem to be any for the 3DS. A shame, because I really thought Nintendo would do better this time around. Am I simply being blind when in reality, there's much more out there?

Well... Fire Emblem Awakening is an RPG... by being a SRPG as well. You could try the demo to see if you like it or not.
---
What's to say really?