Etrain Odyssey 4 or FE: Awakening?

#1pariah164Posted 1/18/2013 11:43:10 AM
I have never touched a game in either series. I have enjoyed some strategy RPGs, like Disgaea and FF: Tactics, and the FE demo has got me intrigued, but I also keep hearing good things about Etrain Odyssey. I am leaning towards EO because none of the games are related, while I hear FE has some lore from the old games behind it. I can only get one.
---
The Original Pari - Accept Nothing Less (Innocent Until Proven Evil)
Keeping this in my sig until a new Phoenix Wright game is released in the US!
#2kukingina2Posted 1/18/2013 11:45:00 AM
really depends on what you like more

dungeon crawling or SRPGs
---
Anime is saved - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsWh8i9EY_U
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047
#3yankee6903Posted 1/18/2013 11:48:12 AM
EO4 for sure
---
PSN: nightshade6903 GT:nightshade6903
I am not a Republican or a Democrat, I am a conservative
#4pariah164(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 12:07:57 PM
I just wish I knew which game will have the most content. I know FE will have DLC, but...
---
The Original Pari - Accept Nothing Less (Innocent Until Proven Evil)
Keeping this in my sig until a new Phoenix Wright game is released in the US!
#5aamotPosted 1/18/2013 12:15:35 PM
EO4 really should be the longer game. But partial appeal of Fire Emblem is replaying the campaign on harder difficulties.
---
"I dare you to make less sense."
#6zavlinzPosted 1/18/2013 12:18:07 PM
EO: challenging dungeon crawler where you create a party and draw maps, story is more in the background.
fire emblem: grid strategy game with jrpg character driven storytelling.

Neither requires you have any knowledge of the previous games.
#7malfionPosted 1/18/2013 12:18:54 PM
You could learn from the lore in FE:A and it isn't required to play the old games. Most of that stuff is DLC so you pretty much have a complete standalone game with free DLC during launch and then paid DLC for fanservicey stages and characters, which aren't essential to the game.
The game doesn't have anything other than a storymode and the extra stages/characters. There's a demo out. Play that to see if you'd enjoy it.

EO4 is a first person dungeon crawler that's in a standalone package. It'll last you a long, long time with an air exploration mode and a storymode.

You could also do self imposed challenge runs if you want in both games, like only using one character or something to help add more gameplay hours.

I myself preordered both. I'm a huge fan of both series.
---
http://i.imgflip.com/5mil.gif
#8guedesbrawlPosted 1/18/2013 12:19:29 PM
if you do everything,FE should be 70+ hours.

between normal and hard,you probably will not have much different playthroughs time wise,but lunatic and lunaic plus will double or triple your playtime form game overs.at turn 1
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#9Bancario51Posted 1/18/2013 12:21:18 PM
both
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#10toadiemanPosted 1/18/2013 12:33:53 PM
EO4
---
PSN: toadieman