Etrain Odyssey 4 or FE: Awakening?

#11shogohPosted 1/18/2013 1:29:15 PM(edited)
Personally I wouldn't even hesitate, Etrian Odyssey 4 all the way.

Fire Emblem is not for everyone. The appeal comes from high difficulty and permanent death (though it's now optional). The game has lunatic and even an unlockable lunatic+ so that gives you an idea of what the game is about. From what I played the demo, the story seems dulls.

EO4 also has high difficulty (solvable by grinding) and is mostly about exploring dungeons and getting stronger. The map drawing is also a big part of it since if you want to get around easily. If you don't like the idea of drawing maps then you should look into something else.

They are really two different games, you have to go with your gaming tastes on this, surely you must have a preference.
#12king_darksPosted 1/18/2013 1:47:59 PM
Fire emblem awakening gets my vote. I really don't care for 1st person view rpgs.
---
School days are back.
#13ValzacardXPosted 1/18/2013 2:14:52 PM
EO4 is a first person

Awww I dislike FP games like these. I'll have to avoid that one myself, but I recommended Fire Emblem, and play the demo to decide for yourself.
---
GT:Kahlilx77,
The internet, where common sense is a monumental achievement
#14Leroy160Posted 1/18/2013 2:21:41 PM
I would get both but if you can only get one for now, pick FE since release is closer. But if they came out the same day I'd pick EO over FE.
#15iammaxhailmePosted 1/18/2013 2:23:25 PM
I don't know anything about EO series, but FE has a lot of replay value and you will get a lot of hours out of it if you end up liking it.
---
Best weapon combo in tf2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oUWPbS4450&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.last.fm/user/iammax
#16EndgamePosted 1/18/2013 4:21:33 PM
EO4

simply because it's not Awakening
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#17pariah164(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 7:38:39 PM
Endgame posted...
EO4

simply because it's not Awakening

You know, the fact you don't want me getting Awakening just makes me want Awakening more.
---
The Original Pari - Accept Nothing Less (Innocent Until Proven Evil)
Keeping this in my sig until a new Phoenix Wright game is released in the US!
#18pariah164(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 11:35:21 PM
Well, it's looking like FE: Awakening will get my money.
---
#19FefnirOmega13Posted 1/18/2013 11:49:19 PM
Etrian Odyssey 4.

In fact, go back and buy the other EOs too instead of Awakening if you end up enjoying EO4. They're all fantastic games.

..Fantastic games which Europe are never getting. You better appreciate them :(
---
Bullet Hell fan, Cave and Touhou lover. <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, Fire Emblem 8, Rune Factory 3, Digimon World Dawn, Tales of Vesperia
#20pariah164(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 12:18:57 AM
FefnirOmega13 posted...
Etrian Odyssey 4.

In fact, go back and buy the other EOs too instead of Awakening if you end up enjoying EO4. They're all fantastic games.

..Fantastic games which Europe are never getting. You better appreciate them :(

If I could get the older EOs I would.
---