Monster Hunter 4 possibly not exclusive anymore

#21RPGspleasePosted 1/18/2013 3:37:55 PM
MD1500 posted...
It wouldn't make sense for Capcom anyway.
Thanks to MH3, the fanbase is already on 3DS - the most popular handheld in Japan, which sold more in December alone than the Vita has sold since launch.
Why would they risk splitting that fanbase to bring the game to Vita?

How would it split anything? Potential profit is good. Considering mh started on ps3 and lived on PSP remember all the craziness over trial being on Wii. While mh is a great series its roots are in Sony land and capcom owes a bunch to Sony for what its done for them. Plus different systems mean different versions possible and would need both to experiance everything.more money for them. Plus I would pick up both to see which I liked better dual analog or back to the claw.
---
Yes? Hm?what?quit poking me!!!!
#22Fr33zPosted 1/18/2013 3:52:05 PM
RPGsplease posted...
MD1500 posted...
Thanks to MH3, the fanbase is already on 3DS - the most popular handheld in Japan, which sold more in December alone than the Vita has sold since launch.

How would it split anything? Potential profit is good. Considering mh started on ps3 and lived on PSP remember all the craziness over trial being on Wii. While mh is a great series its roots are in Sony land and capcom owes a bunch to Sony for what its done for them. Plus different systems mean different versions possible and would need both to experiance everything.more money for them. Plus I would pick up both to see which I liked better dual analog or back to the claw.

Capcom would owe Sony if Sony didnt piss them off over MHP3rdHD Localization, that and a almost non-existent Vita userbase in Japan and an expanding Nintendo fanbase it makes sense why theyve moved companies.
---
NNID: Illuminatis
Current Systems: PSP, PS3, Wii, WiiU, DS, 3DS
#23Tzuba12Posted 1/18/2013 4:10:43 PM
RPGsplease posted...
MD1500 posted...

Capcom owes Sony? I'm afraid its the other way around. Sony owes Capcom for saving the PSP.
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba
#24ferofaxPosted 1/19/2013 5:53:31 AM
I... no.

Capcom and Nintendo both announced MH4 is exclusive to the 3DS. If Capcom suddenly pull that rug from under Nintendo, somebody in Nintendo wonder land is gonna be really upset with Capcom.

Plus if it was EVER going to be on the Vita, it would have been announced first, and the logo would be in the official website.

So no.
---
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.
#25DoomerangPosted 1/19/2013 9:30:57 AM
Capcom and Nintendo both announced MH4 is exclusive to the 3DS.

They never said MH4 is exclusive to the 3DS. They just said they have no current plans for any other system. There's a big difference: The latter means that Capcom is reserving the right to have the game be multiplatform in the future, whereas the former means thatit will ONLY be on that system.
---
Kenshin's the Beauty, Kaoru's the Beast? - Mister_Feeny
Would that make Shishioh the candle guy? - Gettles
#26SakurafanboyPosted 1/19/2013 9:34:26 AM
Glad I'm not a Nintendrone that gets bent out of shape whenever they lose an exclusive. This is good for the Vita.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#27HalecticPosted 1/19/2013 10:29:50 AM
The Vita is not getting MH4, it may get a possible future title, but it is highly unlikely anytime soon
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#28Rurouni720Posted 1/19/2013 10:42:45 AM
Sakurafanboy posted...
Glad I'm not a Nintendrone that gets bent out of shape whenever they lose an exclusive. This is good for the Vita.

It would be if the news wasn't 99% false. :/
#29surferguy7Posted 1/19/2013 11:17:29 AM
Ohhhhh noooooooooooo.... How dare they let other people enjoy my games! My fanboy ammo is running low!
---
This is the internet, all opinions are considered invalid.
#30DaiohmaPosted 1/19/2013 12:21:41 PM
Capcom comments on this.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=194528