Would you like an achievement system on the 3ds?

#1Darkstorm16Posted 1/18/2013 8:49:06 PM
Would you like an achievement system on the 3ds? - Results (273 votes)
Yes it adds length to games
60.81% (166 votes)
No its pointless crap
39.19% (107 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I personally would love to see an Achievement system even on the older games because I feel it would extend the life of a game...basically kinda by force. Although I don't need an achievement system to have fun replaying a game lol but who also dont like bragging rights?
---
Current Systems: 3DS, DSlite, IPod Touch
If There is Evil in this world it lurks in the hearts of Man- Tales of Phantasia
#2Dark_AbaddonPosted 1/18/2013 8:50:36 PM
most achievements are really stupid and detract from the game.
---
Me: my posts, now with 100% more signature
Hades: I liked it better when your posts had 100% less signature...
#3JoeBudden42Posted 1/18/2013 8:53:38 PM
YES!!!!

DEFINITELY adds length to games no doubt. AND competition with friends. I can't believe Nintendo doesn't see that.
---
Canibus is the Greatest Rapper of All Time.
#4TinyTim123Posted 1/18/2013 8:59:32 PM
I'd honestly rather not. On my Vita I see achievements that I don't get (and can't get for some... like Ad hoc in Dynasty Warriors Next) and it feels like I am not fulfilling the game to the max. I don't need my games reminding me there are still things I haven't done.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#5Voker13Posted 1/18/2013 9:00:05 PM
Although many people frown upon the achievement system, I personally LOVE it! I feel like gaming has lost it's fun without it. Like on my Xbox 360 I would spend more time on a game I normally wouldn't have if it weren't to get all the achievements. Like on my 3DS I play my games but sooner or later I'm just going to get bored with them, but if they had an achievement system I would replay all my old titles just to get every single achievement. I have no clue why Nintendo didn't do this since the start, I guess they want to be different and not following the whole achievements, trophies thing. But seriously even if people hate to admit it, if the 3DS had an achievement system it would be so much better and give all games more replay value. Imagine? Your playing Pokemon X/Y and you finally catch all the Pokemon and a msg pops up, "You have unlocked the Pokemon Master achievement worth 100 points" now you can finally show off all your greatest game accomplishments to the whole world! But then I guess I might be the minority here, to love the achievement system...
---
3DS FC: 4570-6793-5903
#6TheTrueNubPosted 1/18/2013 9:23:13 PM
It wouldn't hurt.

People that like them get to enjoy them and people that don't care get to continue to not care.

Personally I enjoy collecting achievements or trophies for games I really enjoy.
---
Keep calm and hee-ho
http://i.imgur.com/8JzkT.png
#7Halladay32Posted 1/18/2013 9:27:37 PM
I could care less.

By which I mean, I'm not clamoring for one, especially when a number of games on 3DS seem to already have "achievements" within them, but I wouldn't object to a broader achievement system.
---
"That's the kind of man I was."
#8TinyTim123Posted 1/18/2013 9:30:07 PM
If there were some way to NOT implement them, it'd be totally fine. On my Vita nad 360 there is no way to turn off Achievements. Seriously, I don't want to be reminded that I haven't beaten 100 challenges online on my games kind of thing.

It's not that they're bad, Kid Icarus Uprising did them very well, but there's still a whole lot of achievements I simply cannot get... Mainly I never get a streetpass here, no matter how often I bring my 3DS with me. For example this semester, I have got zero streetpasses. Last semester I got at least 2 in the first week. None thereafter, but two the first week...
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#9WickedSickJoshPosted 1/18/2013 10:39:57 PM
Yeah, I think it would be cool. There's people who will complain because some are "too hard" or "I can't get them all so NO", but achievements are supposed to be hard. If all games had pathetically easy achievements then I would say no, otherwise it adds a bit more OPTIONAL replay.
---
Currently Playing: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal (PS3), WWE '13 (360), New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
"You can't sedate all the things you hate"
#10DucePosted 1/18/2013 10:55:16 PM
Nintendo fans are against achievements/trophies because Nintendo didn't come up with the idea first.