Something i just noticed about the GB VC that bugs me now :/

#190sRetroGamingPosted 1/18/2013 9:32:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHEwbZ8k68I

There's no option for GBC/Super GB color mode as seen here. currently GB VC games have the option of the normal black & white look or the "retro" original green & black look. why didn't Nintendo implement this into all GB VC games before releasing them on the eShop?.

Playing DK94' looks SO much better here followed by black & white imo. would this be possible through future software updates?. i'd really like to see this option added! :/.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#2LegoLeonidasPosted 1/18/2013 11:37:31 PM
I've been thinking the same thing since they first released GB VC. I mean, the games are fine as is, but it really wouldn't take much effort, right?
---
"I have nightmares about Hell, where all I do is add up numbers and try to have conversations with people like you." - Bob the Skull
#390sRetroGaming(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 2:35:45 AM
I don't think it would take much effort. it's already there. it's already a plus being able to play these games blown up on the XL but having this option as well would be the icing on the cake! :). i've always loved having that extra option when i played my original GB games on the Super Gameboy! xD. fun times switching colors! lol.
---
#4n00bsaib0tPosted 1/19/2013 2:37:32 AM
The individual emulators would have to be upgraded to include GBC and SGB functionality for games that support them. Not sure how hard it is to emulate that.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#590sRetroGaming(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 3:05:39 AM
Looks like i'll be mentioning them needing to add this feature in my post play surveys i need to fill out!. hopefully they'll at least take it into consideration...
---
#6ecco6t9Posted 1/19/2013 5:58:07 PM
Or they could just run all the Game Boy games in Game Boy Color mode.
---
Time Magazine's Man Of The Year 2006.
#7Baha05Posted 1/19/2013 6:00:08 PM
Yeah it sucks but honestly aside from GBC mode not sure how Super GB colors would work.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich
#890sRetroGaming(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 7:51:51 PM
ecco6t9 posted...
Or they could just run all the Game Boy games in Game Boy Color mode.

I'd prefer as many options as possible, thanks! =P.
---
#990sRetroGaming(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 7:53:38 PM(edited)
Baha05 posted...
Yeah it sucks but honestly aside from GBC mode not sure how Super GB colors would work.

I just want my GB games to have the option like in the video link i posted. it just makes it look so good...
---
#10Xenesis XenonPosted 1/19/2013 7:56:47 PM
Yeah, it is really disappointing that the GB games with Super Gameboy Support don't let you use a Super Gameboy mode for all the nice colours.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.